Complaint Review: DISH NETWORK

• Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: truthranger — FLORA Illinois United States of America
DISH NETWORK
DEPT 0063 PALATINE, ILLINOIS 60055-0063 Internet United States of America

DISH NETWORK sold me wildblue satellite service without informing me of service bandwidth limitations. I signed no contract informing me of limitations. Then Dish Network wanted $600. to cancel service. Satellite Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help

Dish network sold me Wildblue satellite internet, replacing frontier broadband. The service worked sporadically or not at all when cloudy or raining.

When I called to complain about service I was informed that I had limited service. I was informed that I had limited internet usage and bandwidth.

When I told Dish Network that I had not been informed of any service limitations, I was told that they would charge me $600. to cancel my service.

Had I been informed when sold the service that I had limited internet usage, I would not have purchased. Frontier broadband operated faster, and better, with no usage limitations. I was also promised that Dish Network internet would be faster than Frontier, but this was not true.

I was sold a deficient service, and was deceived about service limitations. Don't buy ANY service from Dish Network unless you want to be ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2012 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-NETWORK/internet/DISH-NETWORK-sold-me-wildblue-satellite-service-without-informing-me-of-service-bandwidth-894892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH NETWORK

I'd like to help

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

truthranger,

I've reviewed your post and wanted to help!  I understand you've had a rather poor experience with the internet which I'd like to get resolved for you.  Have you been able to speak to a representative about this yet?  If not, I encourage to let me know and to email me your account number so I can see what I can do.  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I appreciate your efforts!