Complaint Review: DISH Network L.L.C.

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: Kevin — Sugar Grove Illinois United States of America
DISH Network L.L.C.
9601 S Meridian Blvd. Englewood, Colorado United States of America

DISH Network L.L.C. Dish Network Harassment, bullying, threats, and theft Englewood, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help

I had been a Dish network customer for sometime, and it all started with an "upgrade of service". Then I started getting charged for the regular "Gold service" as well as the "Platnum service". Along with this upgrade was the exchange of the DVR from a 625 to a 722. The service technician changed out the 625, taking it with him.

After discovering the two service plans on the bill, customer service advised that only one should have been billed, as the "platnum service" included the "gold service".

Then they started inquiring about the extra DVR (625). They were advised that it was taken by the service technician. Customer service said they would document and all would be good. But I would continue to get notices about the missing equipment (625) and threats of billing for the equipment claiming that I owe $300.00 for the device. Again with me calling. The customer service personnel always had the "canned" responses that they would never deviate from and they would take care of the situation. This would go on for approximately six (6) months.

After becoming tired of continually trying to resolve the situation with the bill, and equipment, I decided to cancel the service. I was informed that I could not cancel the service via phone, that I needed to write a letter cancelling the service. It took about two months to cancel the service, then the threats and harassment of being sent to a collection agency to pay for equipment that I did not have as a certified technician had taken it. As well as the bill for the months that I tried to cancel the service.
Just to keep from going to collections I paid the $300.00 and the final portion of the regular bill.

Later I was able to locate the pink receipt from the service technician, which it indicates the 625 was taken in exchange for the upgraded 722. Attempts to call Dish Network have failed with them claiming that they received no payment from me and all attempts to speak with a supervisor are met with being disconnected (they hang up the phone).
This all began in 2008/2009, and no luck with any resolution to this date.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-Network-LLC/Englewood-Colorado-80112/DISH-Network-LLC-Dish-Network-Harassment-bullying-threats-and-theft-Englewood-Color-947939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH Network L.L.C.

I'd like to help

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

Kevin,

I went over your post and found it very interesting!  We hated to have seen you go and I'd love to help you with this and get it resolved once and for all!  The best way to get this taken care of is for you to email me your account number so I can look over everything and make sure that the proper resolution is provided.  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll enjoy the opportunity to assist you further!