Complaint Review: DISH Network

• Updated: Sun, November 04, 2012

• Reported By: ZR500Bill — Seattle Washington United States of America
DISH Network
P.O. Box 6631 Englewood, Colorado United States of America

DISH Network DISH Network Used Robo-signature to Force Me into 24-month contract Englewood Colorado

I signed up for DISH Network in May 2012. I was a previous customer and cancelled after my son went to college.  I just wanted to restart it for the summer while my son was home, and I was extremely clear with the representative about that. He kept assuring me that was what I was getting, and I agreed to a $44/month plan, rather than paying $9 less if I had committed to a long-term agreement. He offered a new receiver and again, I confirmed this wouldn't trigger a long term commitment.  After the installer was there, I signed a one-page form saying I had received the equipment and making reference to a customer Agreement.   It turns out the Customer Agreement contained an option for a 24-month commitment or $99 for the equipment.  I was never provided that option and I was never told that taking the equipment (even though I had an old receiver that worked) would trigger the long commitment.  Now I am out $350 for a cancellation charge.  How does a company survive if their business model is defrauding customers?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80155/DISH-Network-DISH-Network-Used-Robo-signature-to-Force-Me-into-24-month-contract-Englewoo-964614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH Network