Complaint Review: DISH TV

• Submitted: Fri, October 08, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: Cheryl — Millbrae California U.S.A.
DISH TV
9601 S. Meridian Blvd. Internet United States of America

DISH TV DISH NETWORK DISH TV HABITUALLY OVERCHARGES ME! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Hello! My name is Dan Busa with DISH Network Customer Service.

Dish TV is frequently telling me my bill is larger to get me to pay my bill ahead of time. Last time, I was current on my bill, yet they made up a reason to say I owed more and disconnected my service! I paid it, and my service was restored, but later when I checked my on-line bill; it showed I had a credit balance (for a month!) I got a notice about my new bill, it said I owed $441. 36! I couldn\'t believe my bill could be so high after my last balance was paid in full! I called Dish and spoke with Ebony, and she made some excuse that I was a bad customer, and that my past due amounts added up, etc, etc! She said, \"do you want to speak with a supervisor?\" \"But they will tell you the same thing I said!\"

So, I held for 10-15 min, and she came back and said, one minute, and suddenly...DISCONNECTED! So, I had to call back and spoke to another Customer Service person, Ann. She acted like she knew more about the situation and told me that there were charges for unreturned equipment (twice, or three times). Well, the equipment was returned MONTHS and MONTHS ago! They keep adding in an unreturned equipment fee, taking it off, and then putting it back on later! I keep having to call every month to argue about my bill! I keep getting abused by the Customer Service people, who try and make me feel bad. Then, if I persist, and call back, the next Customer Service person usually manages to work things out! I get so worn out from all the arguing, that sometimes I actually get ill! I have MS, and I am so afraid of this happening again, because it tears me up! It is NOT RIGHT for Dish to do this to their customers!

It is certainly an underhanded way for them to try and get their customers to pay months in advance! They also charged me for Show channel, when I was told I could have it for free for being inconvenienced because of a bad DVR box they sent me. I only had the DVR for a couple of weeks, or so, before I was told it was bad, and needed to send it back and they would send another. I waited a long time for things to be right with the TV service, so they said I could have a couple of months of free ShowTime. (but later found out they were charging me instead). After I had this last run in with Dish TV, I felt so ill, I had to sleep because I felt so ill, and felt like I was having an MS attack, because my arms felt so weak, and when I got up I had trouble walking. I felt so awful from the stress!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2010 01:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-TV/internet/DISH-TV-DISH-NETWORK-DISH-TV-HABITUALLY-OVERCHARGES-ME-Internet-648751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH TV

Hello! My name is Dan Busa with DISH Network Customer Service.

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello! My name is Dan Busa with DISH Network Customer Service. I would like to apologize for any issues you've had speaking with our representatives. We do strive for good customer service at DISH. When you call in, if you obtain an operator I.D. number and we can take the appropriate action for you if this happens again. As far as the billing is concerned, I understand it can be really confusing sometimes. If you still have an unresolved issue please e-mail me at: daniel.busa@dishnetwork.com

Daniel Busa