Complaint Review: DISH Tv

• Reported By: llc43206 — Katy Texas
DISH Tv
Internet, Select State/Province USA

DISH Tv Hopper Contract Scam Internet Nationwide

In April 2013, I called Dish to start satellite tv service. I told the guy that I talked to that I did not want a contract and that I wanted the month-to-month plan.  I told him that I wanted the Americas Top 200 plan.  He asked me if I wanted the free Hopper upgrade.  Before I said yes, I asked him if it was completely free, and he said yes.  He didn't say anything about this having a 2 year contract, or I would have said no.  From the very beginning, I have had nothing but bad service and bad customer service.  Every time it sprinkles, I lose my signal.  On Friday, 10-11-13, my Hopper stopped working.  I called DISH on Saturday morning, and they said they would have to send me a new Hopper via UPS.  I told them that this was not acceptable as I had 16 people coming over that night to watch the fight and I had 8 kids at my house for the entire weekend.  Customer service rep ID# 818 told me that he would have a new Hopper sent overnight via UPS and that they would waive the $20 overnight shipping fees.  I didn't go to breakfast with my family on Sunday morning, and didn't go to church on Sunday morning,  I didn't go to lunch with my family on Sunday.  Why? Because I was waiting for UPS to deliver a new Hopper.  I called DISH back Sunday afternoon to get the tracking number and was told that they don't process the order for the Hoppers until Monday, so there was no way I was going to get a Hopper delivered today.  They told me that I wouldn't get it until Thursday, 10-17-13!  I told them that I wanted to terminate my contract, and this is when I found out that I am in a 2-year contract!  Every word that they told me every time I spoke with someone was a complete lie!  Do not get Dish.  Their sevice, equipment, and customer service is THE WORST EVER!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2013 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-Tv/Internet-Select-StateProvince/DISH-Tv-Hopper-Contract-Scam-Internet-Nationwide-1091675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH Tv