Complaint Review: DISH satellite TV, purchased Blockbuster-14 Million Subscribers;non BBB accredited DISH Network, LLC

• Submitted: Tue, January 29, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: RKM — ozark Alabama United States of America
9601 S. Meridian Blvd. Internet United States of America

DISH satellite TV, purchased Blockbuster-14 Million Subscribers;non BBB accredited DISH Network, LLC REBECCA SAMANTHA DYLAN Confused Customer Service; D'cd me from a Centurylink bundle to Re add Hooper+250 $39.99 Would not fullfill obligation after changes were intiated attempting to charge:$25 service change fee+$500 Hoop, Internet

I have been a Long-time customer of DISH and  have had Many others friends,family members; adult children also subscribe.  I had been grand-fathered into a contract with Centurylink (which was previously Verison) and my contract with both had expired. I was under no obligation with either the internet thru centurylink service nor- dish.  I added the SLING-because I was so enjoying my DISH from my other gadgets...

I am trying to start a new at home buisness; my resources are spoken for-I am trying to do the honorable thing and plan this years finances and continue to enjoy my TV and Time off with family.  SO again-

I am on a BUDGET with this economy; I need to Count on my bill amounts. I contacted both-and worked out a significant lower bill with Centurylink; and then Contacted DISH -as I was told i would have to have them bill me seperately because they would no longer offer me any new-contracts via Centurylink with DISH.

I contacted DISH  spoke to them not-once; three times!  I wanted to make sure; of what i was told because (i do enjoy my TV) as does my family and children.  I was told that if i seperated my bill from DISH (Rebecca; Becky) and WAITED til-i recieve a email stating that my billing would occur in 7-10 buisness days that i was to CALL DISH BACK and change my programing; that this would INCLUDE existing customers-NO charge to upgrade to the HOPPER-with my current 250 programing channels-for $39.99 a full year-the second year would go back to the $70's plus taxes.  But this was acceptable for us.

I contacted DISH a second time; spoke to DYLAN-he also agreed that my DISH was paid in full; i was a long time customer and that they had the ability to offer me this deal as a Existing customer.  SO, I was very happy to do so.

Today I was told  I "UNBUNDLED" according to the dish lady today an she refused to honor the agreement. I hate that now I have to cancel to get what I was promised and return items etc. THIS IS CRAZY service for having been forthright and Upfront and a great customers for OVER 10+years. COME ON somebody stop the madness!   My family-friends-people in the nursing homes; all my nursing in places that I have totally ENCOURAGED this DISH as a means of entertainment-and now this. It really STINKS and HURTS.  I could see one person not getting it right but 4 (?)  and why when i go to the offers and deals on MYDISH do i see the same things being promised; but not fullfilled nor offered nor really given>?   YOU would think those faithful consumers would count for buidling a company. Not in America anymore I guess.  I will run my buisness better than DISH.

Sincerely
A heartbroken customer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-satellite-TV-purchased-Blockbuster-14-Million-Subscribersnon-BBB-accredited-DISH-Network-LLC/internet/DISH-satellite-TV-purchased-Blockbuster-14-Million-Subscribersnon-BBB-accredited-DISH-Ne-1005441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH satellite TV, purchased Blockbuster-14 Million Subscribers;non BBB accredited DISH Network, LLC

wiped