Complaint Review: DISH

• Updated: Tue, July 03, 2012

• Reported By: Jerome Sharpe — Wanship Utah United States of America
DISH

DISH - DISH Network FRAUD Internet

I signed up for DISH when I moved to a new residence a bout a month and a half ago. At that time I had read that AMC and DISH were having a dispute and DISH might drop the MC channels. I brought up this concern when I called to inquire about signing up and the DISH representative GUARANTEED me, repeatedly that I had nothing to worry about and that it would absolutely never happen. I told him that I would only sign up for DISH based upon his promise that the AMC channels would remain. (About half the shows I watch are on AMC). He again promised me that the AMC channels would absolutely not be dropped. Based on that (fraudulent) assertion I signed up. Now, only a little over a month later, learn that AMC has in fact been dropped. After two transfers, I spoke to "Advanced" customer service rep Erica Rivera and explained the situation to her and told her that I had been signed up under false pretenses and essentially the victim of FRAUD by DISH, and wanted to cancel my service but would not pay the $400 early termination fee. Her answer, in essence, was that the contract says we reserve the right to make programming changes, so tough darts. I attempted to explain that any contract based on false pretenses, as this one clearly was (which none of the 3 customer service reps I spoke to even attempted to deny) is null and void. Now apparently I will have to have a legal battle with DISH because they intentionally defrauded me when they signed me up and want to charge me 400 dollars to correct the situation THEY caused. What an appalling way to treat your customers. Wasn't a big fan of Direct TV due to their prices, but they never defrauded me...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2012 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH/internet/DISH-DISH-Network-FRAUD-Internet-906473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH