Complaint Review: DISHNET

• Submitted: Sat, July 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By:Schenectady New York
DISHNET
DEPT 0063 Palatine, Illinois U.S.A.

DISHNET UNETHICAL PRACTICES - WHEN AN OVERPAYMENT IS MADE - THEY DO NOT KEEP PROMISE TO GIVE MONEY BACK - THEN REFUSE TO DO SO! Palatine Illinois

* : credit given on account, but no credit to credit card

Due to a change of credit card numbers, I had to call to make a payment for 2 months service for a total of $139.96 debited to my credit card. They made an error and made two debits--another for $149.96. When I later got the bill, I called asked for the $149.96 to be credited back to my credit card. Why should I pay interest for an overpayment? They said they would, but the credit never appeared on my statement.

So I called back, by this time, it was already into the next month, so I agreed to have $69.96 deducted from this credit on my account. Now, there was a $79.98 balance now. They promised to send the money back to my credit card. But I had expected this credit, so I did not dispute on my credit card. Yet this credit was not made, either and still paid interest on the balance for 2 months.

Again, in early July I noticed that I still did not get the refund. When I called, by now, there is only a balance of $10, but I asked for this to be refunded, anyway and they refused to send the balance. They said it would be credited off the next month's bill. Why should I pay 3 months in advance for charges and pay interest on my credit cards for this?

IN THE FUTURE, I WILL DISPUTE THE CHARGES FROM THE BEGINNING WITH MY CREDIT CARD. I SUGGEST THIS FOR ANYONE ELSE, TOO. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY TO REFUND OVERPAYMENTS. VERY UNETHICAL TACTICS.

This refers to service in the Schenectady, NY area. The billing address is Palatine, IL.

Jeanne
Schenectady, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2008 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISHNET/Palatine-Illinois-60055-0063/DISHNET-UNETHICAL-PRACTICES-WHEN-AN-OVERPAYMENT-IS-MADE-THEY-DO-NOT-KEEP-PROMISE-TO-GI-347837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISHNET

#1

credit given on account, but no credit to credit card

AUTHOR: Concerned Consumer - (USA)

The credit was given on my DISNET account, but I never got credit off my credit card.  I had to pay interest on my credit card for paying them extra in advance.  Wrong way to do business. They should have  corrected their initial error.