Complaint Review: DISHWORLD

• Submitted: Sun, June 15, 2014
  • Updated: Sun, June 15, 2014

• Reported By: Elan — Corvallis Oregon

DISHWORLD DISH TV, DISH, DISH Digital L.L. Keeps charging my credit card after cancelling subscription ENGLEWOOD Colorado

Hey all,

This is the worst service I have ever encountered in my life. I ordered this internet service to view international channels on Sep 27 2013. The package was 80$ for 4 months along with a Roku box and 40$ after the initial 4 months. They advertised as live tv, but it streamed only recorded content and not the live programmes.

I decided to continue the 4 months as my mother was visiting me from my home country and I had anyway paid for the four months. So at the end of my 4 months period, I called them (on January 27 2014) and wanted to cancel, saying I will not be using it anymore, for which the customer representative pestered me to pay only 1$ for the next month and keep recieving the service. So I agreed. (They charged me 1$ on Jan 27).

The next month, I  called again before the billing date (Feb 26) and told them I want to cancel the service. The customer representative told that they have billed my credit card already. I asked him how can you charge me before the billing cycle and he said ok I will try to refund your money and will cancel the subscription. So there was no charge on my credit card bill for the month of February. Thinking all was good, and owing to some personal issues, I failed to check my credit card bill in detail the next few months and today (June 15 th) I was going through my bill and found out that DISH TV has charged me 39.99$ on March 27, April 27 and May 27.  I was completely pissed off and called their customer care but it says they are not available at this moment.

I have called my credit card company and have filed a dispute saying that they did not charge me on the month of February and started charging from March. There was no e-mail notification from them about these charges and their website has no option to cancel or modify the account and the only way to cancel is by phone, which I did. I have also asked them to place a hold on any further transaction to this merchant.  Will keep you guys updated on how things proceed.

These guys have no ethics watsoever, can't believe such organizations can exist without any issues. I think even most of their content are pirated and free channels that are available in their respective websites which they claim as part of their service. Please dont ever subscribe to them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2014 12:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISHWORLD/-ENGLEWOOD-Colorado-80112-5905/DISHWORLD-DISH-TV-DISH-DISH-Digital-LL-Keeps-charging-my-credit-card-after-cancelling-1154918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISHWORLD