• Report: #195158

• Submitted: Tue, June 06, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 13, 2006

• Reported By:AVONDALE Arizona
DISTINTICT ADVANTAGE/FREEDOM GOLD
10590 ULMERTON RD Sta 726-302 LARGO, Florida U.S.A.

DISTINTICT ADVANTAGE FREEDOM GOLD RIPOFF SCAM LARGO Florida

*Consumer Comment: WHAT A RIP OFF

WELL THIS COMPANY HAS DID IT AGAIN! I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM DISTINCT ADVANTAGE SOMETIME IN MID MAY. THE PERSON WHOM CALLED ME SAID HE WAS FROM DISTINCT ADVANTAGE, AND HE WAS CALLING TO OFFER ME GAS VOUCHERS, AIRLINE VOUCHER, AND SOMETHING ELSE. AND HIS COMPANY HAS RECEIVED MY INFORMATION FROM MY BANK SINCE I WAS A GOOD CUSTOMER WITH MY BANK.

THIS COMPANY HAD MY ROUTING # AND ALL HE NEEDED TO DO WAS TO VERIFY MY ACCOUNT #, TO MAKE SURE THEY HAD THE RIGHT PERSON. AND SO I DID, AND I WOULD RECEIVE SOMETHING IN THE MAIL IN A FEW DAYS. AND I WILL NOT BE CHARGED ANYTHING UNTIL THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD IS OVER. AND THAT WHEN I RECEIVE MY VOUCHERS IN THE MAIL, THERE WILL BE A PHONE # I MAY CONTACT TO CANCEL EVERYTHING, BY A CERTAIN DATE. WELL OF COURSE I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING IN THE MAIL, BUT I DID RECEIVE A CHARGE OF $149.00 FROM MY ACCOUNT ON MAY 31ST.

I IMMEDIATLY CONTACTED MY BANK, AND SPOKE WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE IN THE DISPUT DEPARTMENT. AND THE ASSOICATE TOLD ME THAT THAY HAVE SEEN THIS COMPANY NAME BEFORE, AND THAT I SHOULD GO TO MY BRANCH AND TAKE CARE OF IT IN THERE, AND SO I DID. I WENT TO MY BRANCH AND SPOKE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. THANK GOD MY BANK GAVE ME NO PROBLEMS. THEY GAVE ME A IMMEDIATE CREDIT BACK TO MY ACCOUNT. I ALSO SPOKE WITH THE BRANCH MANAGER AND SHE INFORMED ME THAT, THERE WAS A CUSTOMER IN LAST WEEK WITH THE SAME PROBLEM, SAME COMPANY.

I HAD TO CLOSE OUT MY ACCOUNT, AND REOPEN ANOTHER. DISTINCT ADVANTAGE, FREEDOM GOLD, AND WHATEVER ELSE NAME THIS COMPANY MAY BE USING NEEDS TO BE STOP!!!! ASAP. THIS IS JUST WRONG. THIS COMPANY IS RIPPING OFF PEOPLE AND INCONVIENCING CONSUMERS. SINCE I HAD TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT I HAVE NO DEBIT CARD NOR DO I HAVE ANY CHECKS, UNTIL I RECEIVE MY NEW ORDER FROM MY BANK. I REALLY THINK SOMEONE SHOULD CONTACT 20/20 OR DATELINE, OR ONE OF THOSE SHOWS. THAT WILL PUT THIS COMPANY DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!!!11

Leslie
AVONDALE, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2006 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISTINTICT-ADVANTAGEFREEDOM-GOLD/LARGO-Florida/DISTINTICT-ADVANTAGE-FREEDOM-GOLD-RIPOFF-SCAM-LARGO-Florida-195158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISTINTICT ADVANTAGE/FREEDOM GOLD

WHAT A RIP OFF

AUTHOR: Emily - (U.S.A.)

I got a phone call about a month ago stating that I was a valued customer through my bank and that they are going to start me on a trial membership and then it will be 149.00 after that. I got the package in the mail and had like 2 days to cancel my account with them and so I made multiple attempts to cancel and they never got back to me seeing as I had to leave messages on voice mail and send them emails.

I finally got charged today 6/12/06 a month later. How rediculous is that? When I called them I left my contact information and told them that if they couldn't cancel my account to call me so I knew what was going on and never got a call. They also told me that I would be receiving 2 more information packages in the mail and never saw those either.

I feel like such an idiot for allowing them to do this to me. I will be going down to the bank this weekend to solve this issue. I hope they get screwed over just like they are doing to all of us.