Complaint Review: D&J Small Engines

• Updated: Tue, May 15, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — Boise Idaho United States of America
D&J Small Engines
7479 Lemhi Street Boise, Idaho United States of America

D&J Small Engines D&J Small Engine Repair Worst Posible Customer Service. Don't give them your money. You will not get it back. Boise, Idaho

I ordered a lawn mover part from D&J Small Engines.  They said it would be in by the end of the week. Wednesday of the next week the part still was not in.  I asked why and when and their only response was that they would call me when it was in.  I said that was not good enough and I was going to get the part somewhere else.  This prompted a return call from them saying it would be shipped to them May 1, 2012.

This was almost a month after I originally ordered the part.  I needed the lawn mower working so I could mow my renters lawns.  The grass needed mowing when I originally ordered the part.  They obviously didn't care. I asked for a refund so I could go else where.  They told me I would not be able to get the part anywhere else because Toro did not have the part.

I called Toro.  Toro had the Part.  I had the part shipped overnight because the mowing could no longer be delayed.  I called them back and they still refused to return the money.  They informed me that Toro didn't have the part and I was not going to get it from Toro.  I found out later that it was their distributer that didn't have the part.  They didn't call the distributer first to make sure the distributer had the part before they took my money.

When they found out that the distributer didn't have the part, that was my problem.  This would have forced me to rent a lawn mower until the part came in.  Thankfully Toro did have the part and I didn't have to rental a mower.  I did have to mow the lawns three times.  Once at the highest adjustment, then twice more at lower adjustments.  So I paid for the part twice (D&J price was higher then Toro's price) plus overnight shipping.

Plus deal with renters complaints, the high grass that resulted from their delays, their lies about Toro not having the part, their smart mouth, etc.  This could have been resolved long time ago if they had any remorse about how they treat their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2012 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DJ-Small-Engines/Boise-Idaho-83709/DJ-Small-Engines-DJ-Small-Engine-Repair-Worst-Posible-Customer-Service-Dont-give-them-882936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D&J Small Engines