Complaint Review: DJO GLOBAL

• Submitted: Tue, January 08, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: 6ring — west chester Pennsylvania United States of America
1430 Decision St. Vista, California United States of America

DJO GLOBAL Mike Silver local Chester County , Pennsylvania rep. Braces-orthotics pushed on "captive" patients at ridiculous prices Vista, California

I have just gotten emergency knee knee surgery from a fall. I am 62 years old, am currently unemployed (not because of my knee) and have no medical insurance. I have just gone to my first post op appointment with my surgeon, my staples were removed and I was introduced to Silver by my doctor, reresenting DJO with new knee brace in hand. Knee brace was put on. Silver left room with doctor then Silver returned alone said "since you don't have insurance, and we charge $690 for this brace, we'll discount the brace to $417 if you pay today otherwise it's full price. I said i would pay today as he seemed a nice young fellow.

I was embarrassed to tell my wife what I'd paid so to mitigate the "sale job" i was going to do on her - googled the brace and found that I could get the same exact brace for less than $200 in anyone of 6 places with free fast shipping

I called Silver for some sort of explaination. He said that's what the Dr. wanted and that's what his main office wanted. He actually said that I had no choices at the time I agreed and that if I wanted anything different I would have to call his main office (CA) and speak to customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DJO-GLOBAL/Vista-California-92081/DJO-GLOBAL-Mike-Silver-local-Chester-County-Pennsylvania-rep-Braces-orthotics-pushed-on-993219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DJO GLOBAL