Complaint Review: DJ's Recycling Inc

• Updated: Wed, June 06, 2012

• Reported By: Customer — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
DJ's Recycling Inc
2309 SW 2nd Ave Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

DJ's Recycling Inc Joseph's Recycling One price on the phone another when you get there Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Erika M., Office Manger

The seedy look and feel of this company raised some suspicion the first time I dropped off some aluminum for recycling so the second time I called first to get a price. I asked for a quote on scrap aluminum, carefully explaining that it was .060 baked white sheet aluminum scraps. I was given a price range $.43 to $.54 per pound. I sent an employee with 600 lbs. They paid $.35 over 18% below the lower range of the quote. When I called and spoke to Brandon he said the girl made a human mistake on the quote and would not make any adjustment. I should have trusted my instinct on the first visit and found another recycler, I will now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DJs-Recycling-Inc/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33315/DJs-Recycling-Inc-Josephs-Recycling-One-price-on-the-phone-another-when-you-get-there-Fo-890498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DJ's Recycling Inc

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Erika M., Office Manger

AUTHOR: Erika M. - (United States of America)

As the individual who fielded this phone call and the office manager for this business I would like to respond to this gentleman's complaint.  I receive a massive amount of phone calls asking for prices and I field each call the same way every time.  I advise the individuals what the going rate is for the varying kinds of aluminum (and/or whatever they are asking for) and advise that their best bet is to bring the items in for an EXACT price since I can not see their items and therefore can not tell them the exact grade of what they have.  When this gentleman called after his employee had been here, both myself and my warehouse manager, Brandon attempted to speak with him and address his concerns.  He was verbally abusive, rude and threatening and eventually both Brandon and myself had to hang up on him.  In the 30 years that Joseph's/DJ's has been in business it is evident that we are not a "shady" business as the Better Business has given us an A+ rating.  Other than possibly this gentleman, we have NEVER had a complaint filed against us. We have a steady flow of regular customers that come to use based on our years of providing honest service to them.  As with every business there are individuals who feel they have been cheated beacuse they didn't "get what they want."  As the old saying goes you can't please all the people all the time.  However, I feel we have done no wrong and stand by my actions and the actions of Brandon on this matter.