Complaint Review: DNA Diagnostics Center DDC

• Submitted: Thu, February 28, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Maria — Winsted Connecticut United States of America
DNA Diagnostics Center DDC
DNA Technology Park One DDC Way (Formerly 205 Corp Internet United States of America

DNA Diagnostics Center DDC DNA Diagnostics Center Violated my privacy , Internet

*General Comment: Wow....

*UPDATE Employee: Privacy Policy

*Author of original report: Are you serious

*UPDATE Employee: Privacy Policy

I ordered a test from DNA Diagnostics. When I ordered the test I gave them specific instruction to not call me under any circumstances. I gave them these instructions in the appropriate place for special instructions. I told them all communication with me was to be done via email. Well, they had an issue with the shipping address and they called my house. Not only did they call my house, they left a message saying who they were and why there were calling. Unbelievable! I called them to complain and  received a simple laughable... "sorry it does say in your information to not call you". They were so callous about it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was denied this request.  I cancelled the test right away. I advise anyone to not ever use this service. They basically ruined my life!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DNA-Diagnostics-Center-DDC/internet/DNA-Diagnostics-Center-DDC-DNA-Diagnostics-Center-Violated-my-privacy-Internet-1021749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DNA Diagnostics Center DDC

#1 General Comment

Wow....

AUTHOR: csrmarket - ()

This DDC rep thinks this is a game of clever wording.   Empathizing with the situation while passively blaming the client for what is clearly a serious violation of privacy.  I'm glad I did my research on this one.  Thank you for posting!!

Privacy Policy

AUTHOR: DDC - (United States of America)

Again, we apologize for any problems you may have been caused.  In no way would DDC blame a client in regards to an issue such as this, we simply would like to make our policy known.  We do our utmost to protect our patients privacy and have extremely secure databases, we would not intentionally ever disobey a client's wishes if they were agreed upon before testing began.  We would have no way of determining a clients phone number without being explicitly given that number by the client, or someone the client has authorized us to speak with on their behalf.

Are you serious

AUTHOR: Maria - (United States of America)

You are blaming me for you calling me. I reviewed my info that you sent me via e-mail as a confirmation of my order and the phone number section is blank so I do not even think that I gave you my phone number and even if it was included in my initial registration, in the area you designated for instructions, it specifically stated that you are not to call me and to only contact me via e-mail. I was even told when I called you irrate about what happened that it said in my information  not to call me. You guys are incompetant and made a huge, huge mistake and you will not even own up to it. In a business dealing with such a private issue like a dna test, you would think that you would make the utmost effort to abide by a persons instructions. You are at fault and are now trying to blame me. I even had further contact with you after my initial order to find out a ship date to which I specified that all communication with me is to be done only by e-mail. I would advise anyone to not use your service.

Privacy Policy

AUTHOR: DDC - (United States of America)

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused, as we value our patients privacy as much as we value accurate and timely testing.  We ask that if a patient choose not to be contacted via a specific channel (in this case you state a phone number) that they not provide us with this information.  This is asked to prevent any potential instances such as you describe.  We have no problem performing testing with patients who choose to only contact us and wish to provide no contact information, this is very common.