Complaint Review: DNA Plus

• Submitted: Sat, March 26, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: anonomous — Orlando Florida United States of America
DNA Plus
21704 Devonshire Street, Suite 303 Chatsworth, California United States of America

DNA Plus False prenatal paternity test results Chatsworth, California

*Consumer Comment: Beware of negative follow-up reports

*Consumer Comment: Same old inaccuracy, different year

*Consumer Comment: It is still not really

*Author of original report: Ignoring Company Facts

*Consumer Suggestion: Why are you even

*Consumer Comment: I agree with Robert

*Consumer Comment: Correction.

I used DNA Plus in August, 2010 to help me determine the correct biological father of my child.  At that time, I was 18 weeks pregnant.  I was told that the noninvasive paternity test was 99.999% accurate.

After paying out $1249.00 and following all of the instructions that DNA Plus told me to follow, I was given false results.  I had assumed that, since DNA Plus had said that they have been around for so many years, that the results were correct.  This company even offered a child confirmation test to be included after the baby's birth .  (like a 2 for 1 DNA test)

I had the man, who was confirmed as the father, by DNA Plus, and his family all involved with the rest of my pregnancy & the birth of my daughter.  The man who was presumed as the father & his family all travelled over 250 miles to be present at "our" child's birth.

After "our" baby was born, I had decided leave my job & to move to the location where the father & his family were located for support.  I had gotten the "child confirmation" test results when my daughter was 1 & 1/2 months old.  The second test had different results.   Now, the other guy was pointed out the father.  He was living in the original location that I had just moved away from.  :(

I had to call the original father & the new father to straighten out the mix up.  We all went through a second company because of conflicting results to find out that the second test from DNA Plus was the right one!

Damaged lives here!  The first family is heart broken over losing who they thought was their new addition to their family.  Not to mention the money spent by both myself & the other family all gone down the toilet.  Also, the actual father never had th opportunity to be involved with my pregnancy & even worse, missed our daughter's birth!

I do not feel that this company should be allowed to do this "99.999% accurate" prenatal paternity testing anymore.  It was in FACT wrong & cost our families grief.

I did call for a refund & DNA Plus told me that another girl had the same thing happen to her 6 months ago.  I ended up with half of my money back.  I could have sued, I'm sure.  However, since all I want to do now is move on with my life, I choose not to persue any lawsuits.  I DO want to make it known to any pregnant female out there unsure of paternity...  DO NOT make the same mistake that I did!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2011 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DNA-Plus/Chatsworth-California-/DNA-Plus-False-prenatal-paternity-test-results-Chatsworth-California-710554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DNA Plus

Beware of negative follow-up reports

AUTHOR: nelly - ()

Please read all the reports about DNA Plus. Almost every one has a reply berating and belittling the woman for being involved with more than one partner. Or, if a man has posted a report, he is mocked for not utilizing a condom. Ask yourself, why would other consumers single out reports about DNA Plus just to harass people. There are thousands of companies referenced on ripoffreport.com yet this horrendous behavior happens here consistently. The rational conclusion is that DNA Plus reads and replies to these reports.

If you're a woman, you and your child are considered worthless pieces of human garbage. You're being judged. I would never allow any company that views people in this way to help me during such a dire time.

Same old inaccuracy, different year

AUTHOR: Wallace - ()

To the original poster, I had the same problem with DNA Plus several years ago. That is, their prenatal fetal DNA test is completely bogus. I got ZERO dollars back and experienced the same heartache as you did, except that I was the alleged father.

I filed reports with the BBB and Attorney General of California. The unfortunate part is that neither were able to help. DNA Plus completely manipulate the BBB and by the BBB's own admission they are unable to take any action to help consumers.

I would still encourage you to file a report with the Attorney General of CA. If they get enough reports complaining about this dishonest organization they will eventually investigate them.

Judging by the amount of negative responses that you've received it's safe to say that DNA Plus read this website and have seen your report. I am glad that you took the time to post it because people need to know NOT to rely on DNA Plus.

To anyone considering using the services of DNA Plus your results will probably be more accurate if you flip a coin.

It is still not really

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

The report stated that the test came out wrong and the company should take a responsibility on the lost of family time is absurb. What you need to understand is NOT about the loss but about the good time you and your child had. It does not that matter whether the real father was there to celebrate your child birth, but it does matter that you and your child had the support from the family people who are not even your child's biological father. The mistake was made and will NEVER be taken back, so why would you be stuck to the past and moan about it? There is NOTHING you can do to take it back.

Also, the 99.999% is an indication of how accurate it is. Sadly, you are in one of the wrong. If there are many more legit report about this company wrongly diagnose, then readers should be more careful using this company. If your report is really pointing out what you claimed to be, the part of blaming them (lost chance of attending child birth for the real father, lost new member of the family, etc) should never be included in the report.

Ignoring Company Facts

AUTHOR: anonomous - ()

The report about the company's noninvasive test not having legitimate pre-natal test results was clearly the point being made. The point was to make other women aware in case they make the same mistake that I did.

Telling a woman all of the "would've, could've, should've" comments about how she should've kept her "legs closed", etc. is irrelevant to the report. I realized I had made a mistake from the get go on getting pregnant irresponsibly as it was. At least I had decided to try to make things right during my pregnancy and attempt to be honest with the men involved and try to fix the confusion with what I thought was a legitimate test.

DNA Plus clearly was not the answer for me nor is it the answer for any other woman who wants to safely do a non-invasive paternity test during pregnancy. That about sums it up.

Stop ignoring the facts. Stop attacking the wrong people here!!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Why are you even

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Involving ANY of these guys.  You made your own bed as the saying goes.

I agree with Robert

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Maybe you should have waited until the child was born to determine paternity.  Would have saved many people alot of grief. A suggestion - stop having unprotected sex!

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

It was in FACT wrong & cost our families grief.

Be that as it may, what really caused everyone grief was the fact that you played around with 2 or more men so close together in time that YOU didn't know who was the child's father.

Keep your legs crossed or use birth control and you will not cause anyone any grief in the future.