Complaint Review: DNA Plus

• Submitted: Sun, April 29, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, September 04, 2009

• Reported By:Manahawkin New Jersey
DNA Plus
1704 Devonshire Street, Suite 303 Chatsworth, California U.S.A.

DNA Plus, Dr. Yuri NONINVASIVE PRENATAL PATERNITY TEST RIPOFF Chatsworth California

* : FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

*Author of original report: That is a stupid comment

*Consumer Comment: Think of it this way ...

*Consumer Comment: Not valid test.

*Consumer Comment: Why is that abusrd?

*Author of original report: Amount spent

Dna Plus says they can do a noninvasive prenatal paternity test as early as 13 weeks using only the mother's blood and dna samples from the fathers.

I had to pay a $250 deposit just to get a kit sent to my house. Then I arranged to get a blood sample taken at my local hospital. When call DNA Plus you get the same guy, Dr. Barry Lennet everytime. This guy does not even do the test. The test is sent off to a Dr. Yuri in Canada to do he test.

14 days later I receive a phone call saying that there was bad news. My blood sample was too weak, I must not be as far along as I said. WHen I argued it and said I was 16 weeks pregnant the Dr. told me that OBGYNS can't pinpoint exactly how far along you are like blood can.

At 21 weeks pregnancy, They made me take another blood test and said I still had to wait another 14 days and that they could not speed up the process. 14 days later, I'm told that there is bad news again. SURPRISE! I am only the second woman out of 7 years of testing whose baby's dna is too weak to test. So I have no results, the test was a flunk.

So then I'm told that Dr. Barry Lennet would have to talk to Dr. Yuri about doing a partial refund. PARTIAL?? I want a full refund. I'm told that it's like a doctor's visit, even if your doctor doesn't diagnose you or give you meds you still have to pay an office visit. That is absurd!

Carrie ann
Manahawkin, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2007 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DNA-Plus/Chatsworth-California/DNA-Plus-Dr-Yuri-NONINVASIVE-PRENATAL-PATERNITY-TEST-RIPOFF-Chatsworth-California-246140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DNA Plus

#1

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

AUTHOR: no one - (USA)

The point of this is not to say if she is or was an unfit mother or sleeping around it is prove that this company is a FRAUD....I went thru the same thing but before they got to take my money out of the account a spoke to Bill W. of the New York labratory Investigative Unit and he KNEW EVERYTHING about "this" company it's very intresteing how they have a 12 x 16 post office box in Buffalo, NY they your "DNA" or what nots are sent to and I'm sure they just throw them away as a baby's blood does not mix with the mother( which I found out thru my own research) and they check their mail every week. In an earlier forum Bill list his name and phone number PLEASE LOOK FOR IT AND FIND IT FILE A COMPLAINT SO WE CAN GET THIS FATHER AND SON OPERATION SHUT DOWN!!!!

That is a stupid comment

AUTHOR: Carrie Ann - (U.S.A.)

I don't understand why when a woman has a paternity test it means that she was having promiscuous sex. I guess you've never heard of dead beat dads. That comment was uncalled for.

Think of it this way ...

AUTHOR: Shawangunk - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps if you had not engaged in such promiscuous sexual escapades, there would be no question who the father of your baby is and you would not need this test in the first place.

Your perceived "rip off" is a direct result of your irresponsible behavior. Rather than blame others' for your actions, how about becoming a mature, responsible adult? Your baby is going to need a good role model for a mother, not someone who is always trying to play "pass the buck."

Not valid test.

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

This test is not valid to determine paternity because the babys blood is not the mothers. Only the babys blood could yield baby DNA. This is a scam, and it proves it when they tell you that you have weak DNA. If you had weak DNA you would not be alive to even have kids. The only valid test will be to draw babys blood directly and then paternity can be determined. This is why the other poster paid 1100.00 because she paid for a valid test.

Why is that abusrd?

AUTHOR: Juliet - (U.S.A.)

Why it is absurd that a medical test performed is not free, just because it didn't yield the desired results?

It still cost money.

When a doctor does a test and the results are inconclusive, you still have to pay for the test, and the doctor's visit.

Amount spent

AUTHOR: Carrie ann - (U.S.A.)

Please keep in mind this test cost over $1100!!!