Complaint Review: DOBA

• Submitted: Thu, March 14, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: Squigibo — Raleigh North Carolina

DOBA DOBA total SCAM - Uses "Bots" as customer service representatives. Trial is is a scam. No products Internet

Signed up to what appeared to be a legit web site for resale of wholesale drop ship items.
They offered a "FREE" fifteen day trial.  I received nothing in my email except additional marketing spam, no information on how to setup the database, get the internet feed, nothing.  They charged my credit card 7 days after signing up instead of the fifteen days that they promised.  The day I signed up, I received a call from a person that said "It appears you had trouble with the website."  I responded "Uh, no, I haven't had a chance to do anything yet."  He then tried to sell me some additional "services" and when I wasn't interested, and pressed him on how to setup my site, he then said "He could recommend a web site service to set up the site for me."  I told him "I'm an PHP programmer, I just need some basic information for the feed."  He then drifted off, and the phone went dead.  I call their website for more information and it's a taped loop pushing more "services"  my email box is full of "service offerings".

Finally I see that they charged my card for a reoccurring monthly subscription.  I call my credit card company and they are VERY interested in hearing what I had to say.  I even give their rep my signon ID and they tried posing as me for support.  They never got anybody on the phone using my name and information.  While on the phone with FRAUD Division, they conference in an FBI agent.  I'm also recording the conversation.  While speaking with them, I'm waiting for an "Online Representative" to chat with me on their website.  After about twenty minutes, "Sara" comes on the chat and I say one sentence "I want to cancel my account."  INSTANTLY there is a response.  "I'm sorry, but would you like to upgrade your account?"  I respond:  "Excuse me?  Why did your company charge my credit card fraudulently."  At same time, I'm telling Fraud Division at my bank and the FBI agent what I'm doing, and responding with what "Sara" is saying.  "Sara" responds with three "Free additional offers" instead of answering my question.  I ask "Are you a bot?" "Sara" responds with "I hear that a lot, let's stay on subject or I'll have to go."  I say "FU*K YOU Sara" and I get back "I understand, but if you would state your problem, but maybe you would consider or search engine services..."  I respond "Bot bot bot bot bot"  Sara says "May we stay on subject?"

I'm going to capture all this again tomorrow on video and post it on YOUTUBE.  I'll supply the link.
it's a scam through and through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DOBA/internet/DOBA-DOBA-total-SCAM-Uses-Bots-as-customer-service-representatives-Trial-is-is-a-sca-1034929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DOBA