Complaint Review: DOLLAR RENT A CAR

• Submitted: Sat, February 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 11, 2012

• Reported By: Ruth — Newport Oregon United States of America
LOCKBOX 2190, Tulsa, Oklahoma United States of America

DOLLAR RENT A CAR Unfamiliar with Toll Gates on a recent trip to Florida, we entered into a gate that was wrong (.25) and was unable to pay but offered to pay at the next exit gate but officer said it was alright. Tulsa, Oklahoma

On a recent trip to Florida, being not familiar with Toll Gates, we entered into a lane that was not available for us to pay our .25.  When we exited the Toll area we told the cashier what had happened and she flagged us on saying that it was alright.  Now I am getting a bill from Dollar Rental charging me the .25 plus a $25.00 penalty.

Granted when we rented the vehicle we understood that we were responsible for any Toll charges.  May other charges we were able to pay on our trip but this "fluke" happened which caused us to fault.

I had other issues with Dollar Rental in that after paying $481.00 when ordering the vehicle on the Internet (which I understood would be the total charge) we were then assessed for $581.00 more for insurance.  All in all our rental cost us over $1,000.00 and now we are being penalized $25.00 for a .25 fault.

I will not be renting from Dollar again and will make sure none of my friends do either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2012 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DOLLAR-RENT-A-CAR/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74182/DOLLAR-RENT-A-CAR-Unfamiliar-with-Toll-Gates-on-a-recent-trip-to-Florida-we-entered-into-837641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DOLLAR RENT A CAR