Complaint Review: DPI Energy

• Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By: OnaWolf — Carrollton Texas United States of America
DPI Energy
1330 Capital Parkway Carrollton, Texas United States of America

DPI Energy DPI Teleconnect Paid Deposit to Start Service, Then Told I Don't Qualify and Can't Have Deposit Refund Until Next Month Carrollton, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Response

I tried to sign up for DPI Energy service. Pre-pay was explained and I was asked for a $50 deposit. I paid it via credit card on the phone. I was next sent to "Verification" where I was told I do not qualify for their service because I answered "Yes" to being a "critical care" customer (reliant on electric-powered medical equipment). I asked for my $50 back. I was repeatedly put on hold for 10-20 minutes at a time before being disconnected or picked back up by the same person acting like they hadn't just spoken with me before putting me on hold. I am told only that I can have my refund in 10-14 business days (two weeks and a day to three weeks from now), that they have no control over it because the main office does it, the main office doesn't take calls, and no one there even knows a number for the main office anyway. UTTER bull & I see now that they have a Better Business Bureau rating of "F".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DPI-Energy/Carrollton-Texas-75006/DPI-Energy-DPI-Teleconnect-Paid-Deposit-to-Start-Service-Then-Told-I-Dont-Qualify-and-Ca-899913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DPI Energy

Response

AUTHOR: DPI Manager - (United States of America)

Dear consumer, I deeply apologize for the misunderstanding. Please contact DPI and ask to speak to Cust Srv Mgr so that we can rectify this issue. We do offer plans for Critical Care customers, possibly the plan the agent selected was incorrect. I would like a chance to change this experience for you. If not needing service, please reply simply with your account number so I can expedite your refund.

Thank you very much, and hope to hear from you soon.