- Report: #354347
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: DR Horton
DR Horton4400 Alameda Blvd NE Suite B Albuquerque, New Mexico U.S.A.
DR Horton - America's Builder I bought a NEW home not a USED Home Albuquerque New Mexico
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2. The kitchen island had a gap from the top to the drawers with nails exposed. When the worker batthroom to fix this we could not use the island; we had to remove everything from the drawers while they reset and attached the top. When he returned to finish up, he didn't have enough materials.
3. Our hall bathroom tub's caulking was substandard. The worker came to recaulk, which rendered that batthroom unusable for a period of two days. When I looked at the work it was clearly not done right and he had to return (again) to do it correctly, this of course was another few days of not being able to use my bathroom. After further inspection by my husband it still wasn't done correctly and he ended up redoing the whole thing over.
4. My first leak in the family room caused another upheavel in my home, I had to remove everything in order that they could (a) fix the leak; (b) and then repaint. My family room was out of commission for a few days. Second leak, same spot in the family room. I got an hour of work on Thursday and an hour of work on Friday and then the worker returned and worked a good 2 1/2 hours on my time on Saturday. Not to mention again, but the room was out of commission again.
5.When we converted over to the heat, we were almost killed by the smell of fumes. We woke up everyday with headaches and a rotten smell. The workers were diligent and concerned and found the problem, but not before they had to unseal the attic trap in order to fix the dislocation of a pipe. We all had symptons of carbon monixide poisoning. I had to visist my physician because I had been having dizzy spells for weeks.
6. Stucco was coming off of the side of the house, this one was easy because we didn't have to be home. This doesn't refute the fact that this shouldn't happen in a new home.
7. We hired a home inspector and he found there were problems with the roof. The worker who came to "fix it", came to my husband's work and wanted him to sign off on his work, my husband refused and said not until he inspects his work. When my husband went up on the roof, the worker hadn't done a thing. He returned to complete the job.
8. After restuccoing the area that needed repair, we noticed it didn't receive enough coats of paint, I've just sent in a 2nd request (1st one went ignored) to have the area repainted with another coat or two of paint.
9. After the painter was finished painting the family room and kitchen area (after the 2nd leak), I noticed he must have laid something down on my coffee table (which had been removed from the room prior to the painter's showing up); when I wiped the liquid off of the table it removed my finish. I was told by the supervisor of the contractor's he and the painter moved the coffee table back into the family room, for what reason I do not know.
10 We were never notified when the painter's were actually coming back to paint the stucco outside, had we been notified, we would have moved my husband's car, nor did anyone ask him to move it when they showed up. He now has paint on the hood, top of his car and front passenger door. We also notifed DR Horton of this and again, the 2nd request has not been answered.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DR-Horton/Albuquerque-New-Mexico-87113/DR-Horton-Americas-Builder-I-bought-a-NEW-home-not-a-USED-Home-Albuquerque-New-Mexico-354347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.