Complaint Review: DR Horton

• Submitted: Tue, August 16, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 16, 2005

• Reported By:roebuck South Carolina
DR Horton
1200 Woodruff Rd Suite G13 Greenville, South Carolina U.S.A.

DR Horton ripoff purchase a home in development Four Seasons Farm, Roebuck, SC false advertisement Greenville South Carolina

Feb 2005, I contracted with DR Horton to purchase a home in development Four Seasons Farm, Roebuck, SC. The sales package included a community pool, playground and clubhouse. Based on these amenities, I bought into the development. I might add that prior to paying my good faith money, i was constantly called by DR Hortons salesperon, advising me that the home was being hotly pursued by other buyers and that I needed to hurry up. I even have faxes to support this claim.

I closed June 8, 2005. Was told then that DR Horton was no longer building pool, playground or community house. Moreover, they were no longer building in the development.

They built 29 homes and only 8 are now occupied. They have since slashed the prices of their homes by some $10,000 lowering our property values. As if that is not enough, after taking our homeowners association fees, they are now refusing to maintain the common areas. Grass is so high here we could hunt for wild life. Moreover, none of the formerly friendly sales people could be reached for any assistance. NOBODY ANSWERS PHONES OR RETURNS CALLS!!!!!

The DR HOrton experience so far has been horrendous. As buyers we have been duped and subjected to modern day highway robbery. What is worse is that we are now at the mercy of this nationally known scam artist, DR Horton. We have to pray that the remainig 12 homes in this ghost town are sold and that we mange to at least break even on our purchase price.

Could you imagine buying a home for one advertised price and then having the builder arbitrarily slash prices to sell the remaining homes?? This unscrupulous builder slashed prices to sell his inventory at the expense of us, the previous buyers. Had the liar not reneged on the pool, playground and community are, the homes would have retained their initial attraction to buyers.

DR hOrton is a liar and a cheat. He engages in false advertisement. He boldly advertised the development of a community with set amenitirs and after suckering in some of us changed his mind and left us hanging.

SOMEBODY HAS GOT TO GET THIS SUCKER!!!!! He has robbed a poor single mom such as myself!!!
DR

Vee
roebuck, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2005 04:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DR-Horton/Greenville-South-Carolina-29376/DR-Horton-ripoff-purchase-a-home-in-development-Four-Seasons-Farm-Roebuck-SC-false-adver-153790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DR Horton