Complaint Review: DR Horton

• Submitted: Thu, April 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 24, 2008

• Reported By:St. Augustine Florida
DR Horton
2205 Ft. Mellon Ct., St. Augustine, Florida U.S.A.

DR Horton Buyer Beware - Warranty issues and horrible customer service St. Augustine Florida

Beware of DR Horton's sales and service staff in St. Augustine, Florida. Since I've moved to Florida and had my house built, I've had nothing but horrible experiences with their staff. I bought a home in The Legacy at Heritage Landing built by D.R. Horton and I must say I've never been so disappointed in my life in the quality, craftsmanship and work ethic of their staff, contractors and employees. Joe Cercone is the customer service manager for my development and I do believe he needs more practice with serving customers and has a non-compromising demeanor.

I have been trying to get some warranty work done around my new home but haven't been successful. I have a cracked tile that they refuse to replace. They claim they cannot match the original tile although they have had two years to do so. Time is up Joe! My front door knob has stopped functioning properly after the 2nd week of moving in and now has fell off. The front door has had minimal use as my whole family enters through the garage door. DR Horton goes through employees like someone with a runny nose going through tissues. Every time I am put in touch with a new warranty coordinator, they have no record of my previous requests of repairs.

After giving the same story over and over, I find myself going through the same frustrating hurdles just to accomplish a simple warranty claim they absolutely refuse to pay for. Along with the previous mentioned problems, the main window in the front of my home is leaking and has caused water damage. The exterior paint is peeling. The painted concrete outside of my home do not match and is also peeling. They have been notified over 2 years ago for these issues and many others.

Their level of professionalism is the worst and would not recommend any potential customer to deal with D.R. Horton. After numerous requests over months, and now years, I cannot get any satisfaction.

If you want more details on my experience, don't hesitate to email me at (((REDACTED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))yahoo.com. I truly believe its due diligence making potential purchaser of buyer beware from DR Horton in the Heritage Landing community.

Anonymous
St. Augustine, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2008 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DR-Horton/St-Augustine-Florida-32092/DR-Horton-Buyer-Beware-Warranty-issues-and-horrible-customer-service-St-Augustine-Flori-328534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DR Horton