Complaint Review: DR Power Equipment

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: JW in NH — Meredith New Hampshire United States of America
DR Power Equipment
127 Meigs Rd Vergennes, Vermont United States of America

DR Power Equipment Country Home Products Leaf & Lawn Vacuum not reliable, rubber coupling between enginer and impeller has committed suicide twice in the last six months. Vergennes, Vermont

*Consumer Comment: What ever happended with your refund?

*UPDATE Employee: DR is working with JW to address his issue

I purchase the DR Leaf and Vacuum in May 2011. Since May the rubber coupling between the enginer and impeller has committed suicide twice. How reliable is this unit? How long will it be before it fails again? When you pay $2000.00 plus for a piece of equipment, is it unreasonable to expect a quality product? I will not be recommending DR to anyone! Save your hard earned dollary and purchase a quality product like John Deere, etc.

Gentleman:

The NEW and IMPROVED rubber coupling failed Yesterday, this is the second time since the middle of May. How quickly can I get this repaired? You will also note that the impellar has been rubbing against the backing plate and creating a lound
noise. With the large gap between the the blade and cutting bar, small twigs will not shredd.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2011 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DR-Power-Equipment/Vergennes-Vermont-05491/DR-Power-Equipment-Country-Home-Products-Leaf-Lawn-Vacuum-not-reliable-rubber-coupling-792298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DR Power Equipment

What ever happended with your refund?

AUTHOR: ryanmad2000 - (United States of America)

Did DR ever offer you a refund?  Sounds like you had a similar issue to me where I blew 10 (ten!) rubber couplers before they finally replaced the machine entirely.  The new one blows them less but I have replaced 5 of the rubber break-away gears in 2 seasons.  I have asked for a refund and said I would consider legal action I have been so frustrated with this product to which their reply of the customer service rep was 'we love a good fight!'  Wow - what a response!

My issue is that the machine clogs mercilessly due to tiny little twigs clogging the intake pipe - it is ridiculous to get off the tractor every 20 feet and unclog the machine at the danger zone of the cruncher propeller.  I have posted my story on this site as well.

DR is working with JW to address his issue

AUTHOR: Steve m. - (U.S.A.)

We are aware of this customers issue and are in the process of working with him to figure out why two couplers have failed.  We will continue to work with the customer until all his issues are resolved.

If one of our customers is having an issue with one of our machines, we always work with them to bring about a satisfactory resolution for them.

We also have a 6 month trial period for our DR machines.  If after exhausting all options, the customer is still unsatisfied, we will gladly refund them the purchase price of the unit.

DR Power-  CS Manager