Complaint Review: DRIVETIME CAR SALES

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 30, 2008

• Reported By:pomona California
DRIVETIME CAR SALES
CENTRAL AVE MONTCLAIR, California U.S.A.

DRIVETIME CAR SALES - UGLY DUCKLING - KARS YES SOLD CAR WITH AIRBAGS WITH NO AIR BAG SYSTEM CAR WAS IN AUTO SHOP 28 DAYS AFTER SALE MONTCLAIR California

My wife & i purchased a 2001 hyundai Sante Fe by the 3rd week our engine light went on. Drivetime manager Bill Overman sant us to mechanic Sunco had to pay $40.00 service charge 3 times berfor it was corrected. by this time the airbag light went on. drivetime personal had knowledge of this and our concerns due to this being a family car. I hounded drivetime for 12 months to correct this problem. by this time im quite unhappy with any and all service. I made sure that almost evertime i made a complaint i had the note it on the computer by which ever manager that was there at the time.

I decided to take the car into an auto shop of my choosing and had the tech run a diagonistic, to find out my car has airbags but no airbag system. the car was previously in some form of accident because fenders were not orginal fender. I had this mechanic print out his diagonstic per-airbags and gave to drivetime.

I never mad a late payment I would have thought customer service was important. Well I traded the car in And even with this knowledg they still wanted me to make the payment until the payout was received. I know some of the customers have had hard times fall upon them. not everyone is a crook but to sell what was never there to us is wrong. my car has/had no airbags i have 3 kids +4grand kids had we been in anaccident i could have seen my famuly hurt or worse. My purchase order said working airbags. well they cant work with out a system with a motor.

Raymundo
pomona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DRIVETIME-CAR-SALES/MONTCLAIR-California/DRIVETIME-CAR-SALES-UGLY-DUCKLING-KARS-YES-SOLD-CAR-WITH-AIRBAGS-WITH-NO-AIR-BAG-SYSTE-357458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DRIVETIME CAR SALES