Complaint Review: DRIVETIME-INDIANAPOLIS

• Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: ASHLEY — INDIANAPOLIS Indiana United States of America
DRIVETIME-INDIANAPOLIS
SHADELAND LOCATION INDINAPOLIS, Indiana United States of America

DRIVETIME-INDIANAPOLIS SOLD ME A PCS OF CRAP,WARRANTY NO GOOD,SELL RECK CARD NO 54 PTS INSPECTION INDINAPOLIS, Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: Same here

I BOUGHT A CAR  FROM DRIVTIME ON 11-3-12 THE NEXT DAY BREAK AND CAR START MAKING NOISE. SO ON MONDAY CALL DRIVETIME THEY GAVE ME 2 SHOPS TO TAKE IT TOO. I DROP IT OFF WEDNESDAY AFTER I GET OFF WORK THEY SAY SOMETHING IN MY TIMING BELT CHAIN THEN THEY SAY THEY HAVE TO GET THE WORK APPROVE BY DRIVETIME CALLS BACK SAY THEY APPROVE IT.ITS THE WATER PUMPS THIS TIME IN BREAK RUSTED. SO I CALL DT ABOUT A RENTAL THEY SAID SINCE  U STILL IN YOUR 30 DAY WE WILL RUN A BILL BUT MY 1ST WEEK WITH MY CAR I SPENT 120 ON INSURANCE FOR THE RENTAL CAR MY CARS WAS GONE FOR 5 DAYS. IN ON TOP OF THAT ENTERPRISE CALL ME BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET PAID TOLD ME IF I DONT GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM THEY WILL HAVE TO BILL ME. THAT DT HAVEN'T BEEN RESPONDING TO THERE EMAIL OR CALL.

A COUPLE DAY LATER GET MY CAR BACK NOTICE THE NOISE IS STILL THERE CALL DT THEY SAID TAKE IT IN I HAVE TO WORK SO I CANT GET IT IN RIGHT AWAY. BUT I NOTICE THE NOISE GETTING WORST. NOW WHEN I GET ON HIGHWAY IT HIT OVER 40 IT MAKING A REAL AWFUL NOISE PLUS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME BACK ON. I TAKE IT TO AUTO ZONE THEY TELL ME SOMETHING WRONG IN TRANSMISSION OKAY THEY RESET THE LIGHT.   COUPLE DAY LATER IT COMES BACK ON SO I NO I NEED TO TAKE CAR IN BUT I HAVE TO WORK THANKSGIVING  COME UP SO ITS MONDAY 11-26-12 MY CAR IN BACK IN SHOP

I TRY TO CALL DT IN TRADE THE CAR IN BUT ITS PASS MY 5 DAY. SO NOW I AM STUCK PAYING 22000 DOLLARS FOR A CAR THAT A 05 CHRYSLER PACIFICA THAT NOT WORTH A DAMN THING BECAUSE ALL THEY ARE TRYING TO DO IS PUT A BANDAID ON THE PROBLEM  UNTIL THERE 30 DAYS OVER WITH IN. I AM OUT OF 50.00 BUCK EVERYTIME I HAVE TO TAKE IT IN. I WILL NEVER BUY  CAR FROM DT 3 WEEKS IN I ONLY DROVE THE CAR HALF THE TIME SO I AM STUCK WITH 22,000 IN DEBT IN A 433 A MONTH CAR PAYMENT BECAUSE OUT OF ALL THE SIGHT I DONE BEEN TOO EVERYBODY HAS THEY CAR A COUPLES DY WEEKS IN STUFF GOES WRONG WITH THERE CAR. SO THAT JUST GIVES ME NO HOPE. IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME PLEASE I NEED IT. I AM STUCK WITH  PIECE OF CRAP PLEASE HELP ME

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DRIVETIME-INDIANAPOLIS/INDINAPOLIS-Indiana-46819/DRIVETIME-INDIANAPOLIS-SOLD-ME-A-PCS-OF-CRAPWARRANTY-NO-GOODSELL-RECK-CARD-NO-54-PTS-I-973835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DRIVETIME-INDIANAPOLIS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Same here

AUTHOR: Burdine5725 - (United States of America)

I am in the same boat. I purchased a 2003 montero limited on December 7, 2012. I started having problems that same evening with my truck as I was driving it for about an hour. I immediately called drivetime. They said bring it back in the next day and they would have their mechanic guy look at it. Ok did that. Same issue. Told me to take it to Indy tire and have a diagnostic run. They found several things. Recommended to take it to their other repair shop, aamco. Was told that brake system needed to be replaced because was all corroded and rusted, was to replace a few sensors also.

Had it for 1 day and it was back to shop. Had back for 2 days back it goes again. Every time I would get it back, would have same problem and more. They ended up having to come to my house with a flat bed to haul it to repair shop. I had my truck the whole month and few days, just got it back on January 10,2013, swearing all was good after they had to take it to actual mitshiubishi dealer because everyone was stumped as to what the hell was wrong with my truck.

Granted they paid for my rental, but that is not the point. So here we are now well past the 30 day warranty at drive times cost. Picked up my truck from aamco, was driving it not even 45 mins, same issues and many more from noises, thuds, vibrations, etc. I picked up my husband and we both went to drivetime. Told them we are not putting up with this shit or the truck anymore. Enough is enough. I am not paying 25,000 for a truck I can not drive nor depend on. I told them I will get an attorney and sue them, check out the indiana lemon law, I wanted my money back that I have paid.

They said to speak to customer service. Uh no, done that and they said that can not do anything. Oh yes you will or I will see you in court. The attorney I spoke to said yes I have a case. So the salesman said ok I will see what I can do I can do a mechanic rollback. I told them I am not taking the truck back off this lot nor paying the truck pymt. I gave him the keys and said take your piece of shit back. I left the truck at their door. I do still have the rental that I also said they will pay for until I receive my money back that I have paid.

I gave him til Monday January 14,2013 to give my money back to me. I gave him the attorneys info so he knew I was not bull shitting. I have no problem going to court and seeing for money paid, court costs, attorney fees, loss of family time; we are a family of 6 that can not go anywhere as a family because they are paying for a very small sedan that does not even seat us, and whatever else the attorney goes for. So something can be done, just take my advice. Get stern and tell them to shove it up their a** take it to their door and hand them the keys and get an attorney.