Complaint Review: DRIVETIME / UGLY DUCKLING

• Submitted: Sun, March 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 06, 2009

• Reported By:Douglasville Georgia
DRIVETIME / UGLY DUCKLING
7300 E Hampton Ave Ste 101 Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

DRIVETIME / UGLY DUCKLING, I AM READY FOR A CLASS ACTION AGAINST DRIVETIME/UGLY DUCKLING, DRIVETIME BREAK CONTRACT AND STILL CALL YOU FOR PAYMENT Mesa Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: I too would like to file a class action lawsuit against Drive Time

I went into contract with a friend. I put my money down with my credit and with my job references. I saw things were all of a sudden getting ugly so I wanted out of the vehicle. Drivetime would not let me out.

To make a long story short, they illegally removed me from "Buyer" and made him "Buyer" without my knowledge or my consent. I am now co-buyer. I did not sign any papers or gave DriveTime permission to change the contract. So, to me the contract is null and void?

I have asked them several times to send me the document that was supposedly been signed by me stating I went into a branch office and did the transfer.

They cannot prove it. The vehicle is now out of the State of Georgia and is in the State of New York. I cannot locate the vehicle. They did a loan modification with him and DriveTime Manager approved it.

However, on that loan modification, they (Drivetime) have changed the address on the contract (1 number off on the address) and changed the zip code. Aint they suppose to get a copy of the drivers license? when doing a loan mod?

However, it is still showing as a Georgia Loan Modification. It goes DriveTime faxed it to a New York place.

In the meantime, my credit is being ruined because of Drivetime. They will not remove my name.

CLASS ACTION CLASS ACTION CLASS ACTION CLASS ACTION CLASS ACTION

2sweet
Douglasville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2009 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DRIVETIME-UGLY-DUCKLING/Mesa-Arizona-85209/DRIVETIME-UGLY-DUCKLING-I-AM-READY-FOR-A-CLASS-ACTION-AGAINST-DRIVETIMEUGLY-DUCKLING-429744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DRIVETIME / UGLY DUCKLING

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Upset - (U.S.A.)

We bought a used car from Drive Time in Las Vegas just over a week ago. Five days later, we had to take it to a repair shop because the steering wheel would grind everytime we turned left or right and the brakes were squeeking. Turns out the car needs the front pads and rotors fixed as well as the intermediate shaft replaced. Total of all repairs is almost $500!! They expect us to pick up the tab for the Intermediate shaft and agreed to pay for the front brakes. Why should we have to pay for any repairs?? Their website states the following:
"We select only high quality, reliable used cars. We subject all our cars to our own thorough, standardized 53-point inspection process. We provide you with one of the best used car warranties in the industry. We offer excellent customer service, rewarding you for making payments on time and helping improve your credit history." If there was any truth to their statements, then the required repairs on the vehicle would have either been disclosed to us or repaired before the sale of the vehicle. I am trying to get people to respond to my email so we can indeed see what we can do about filing a class action lawsuit against Drive Time. Especially in times like these, I find it completely immoral to do this to people. I have read too many reports now of people who have been "ripped-off" by this company. I can be contacted at the following email address: thelockdown@hotmail.com. Did anyone try to take there car back before 30 days? Drive Time is telling us we can't and that we won't get our down payment on the car back....

#2 Consumer Suggestion