Complaint Review: DRIVETIME

• Submitted: Wed, March 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Rock Hill South Carolina
S. Blvd Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

DRIVETIME Another Victim Charlotte North Carolina

Well, I got suckered by this company too. Purchased a 2006 Chevy Impala in Feb. 2009...it drove great....FOR A MONTH...then it started running hot. I called the warranty company, told them the car was running hot. I live about 30 mins away from their nearest repair shop...so they told me to take it to ANY ASE certified shop...I had it TOWED in...car was diagnosed with a leaking water pump and leaking head gasket....called the warranty company back and all of a sudden they wanted the car taken to one of "their" repair shops....I told them fine, but they would have to come get it and pay for the towing. They finally agreed...after being on the phone with them LITERALLY ALL DAY, they tell me tonight that they are not going to fix the car(even though the water pump is the FIRST item listed under their "warranty") because it was due to "customer negligence".
If there is a lawsuit anywhere against these guys, PLEASE CONTACT ME...I refuse to pay them 400.00 a month for a car that I don't even HAVE(it is still at their repair shop in NC) and could not drive if I did have it. I would love to just have my downpayment back.

Rock Hill, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DRIVETIME/Charlotte-North-Carolina/DRIVETIME-Another-Victim-Charlotte-North-Carolina-437703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DRIVETIME