Complaint Review: DRIVETIME

• Reported By: IGOTBURNED — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
DRIVETIME
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

DRIVETIME NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: What Have You Determined?

I bought the car July 14 ~ Within 2 weeks my windows wouldn't open ~ NOT COVERED under warranty. I said fine ... I can't afford to fix it so I'll deal with it.

NOW, October 3 ... I take it in to get repaired. The transmission is leaking. NOPE, not covered. They said it's a maintenance issue. I said YES, you didn't maintain it before I got it. I have not even had the car for 3 months and I'm expected to pay for the repairs AGAIN.

THEY SCAM you into a lemon & then won't fix anything. They get you excited about the AMAZING warranty they have on their vehicles but they don't cover ANYTHING.

If I had a means of getting out of this loan, I would but ... I'm a stuck unhappy customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DRIVETIME/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89129/DRIVETIME-NOT-COVERED-UNDER-WARRANTY-Las-Vegas-Nevada-950464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DRIVETIME

What Have You Determined?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You did get warranty paperwork, right? Did you read it to see if what they are telling you is true rather than asking them to tell you? I do not understand how a transmission leak is a maintenance item. The transmission sump is supposed to contain the hydraulic fluid. The seals are supposed to contain that fluid. In both instances what are you supposed to "maintain"? I would read your warranty material and see what is covered. You will then be armed with info.