Complaint Review: DRI*ca.com

• Submitted: Fri, September 11, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 11, 2009

• Reported By: Elaine — Punta Gorda Florida USA
DRI*ca.com

DRI*ca.com Charge of $29.99 appeared on my credit card charges can't find, Internet

A charge for $29.99 from DRI* ca.com appeared on my credit card charges.  No contact info given.  Purchase date was 9/5/09.

When I googled this company I was given the Ripoff Report site.  And there it was...same company and same ripoff.

I reported this charge as fraud to my credit card company and they closed my account and will issue a new card.

So how did they get my credit card number?  That name DRI rang a bell so I checked my old credit card statements and there was a charge in May '09 for purchasing AVG security for my computer.  I remember that the billilng info gave this company as the billing or collection agent for AVG security.  Didn't think anything about it.

Now I'm really scared.  Just what did I download and is AVG involved in some fraud scheme??

Contacting AVG is Mission Impossible but I'll keep trying.

There's a rat in the woodpile somewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2009 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DRIcacom/internet/DRIcacom-Charge-of-2999-appeared-on-my-credit-card-charges-cant-find-Internet-493534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DRI*ca.com