Complaint Review: D.R.O. Services

• Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: Will — waxaw North Carolina
D.R.O. Services
2908 Valley Farm Waxaw, North Carolina USA

D.R.O. Services Don R. Ownbey I would not do business with this company Waxaw North Carolina

*Author of original report: Ace is the best

*Consumer Comment: Great Service

I took my push mower to D.R.O. Services to get the recoil spring fixed. I asked Don what the cost would be and he said I won't know until I start working on the mower. I asked him to call me with the price before working on the mower. He called the next day to tell me my mower was ready, I ask Don the price and he replied $85.00, I was shocked. I said are you kidding.His reply was I had to take off the gas tank( which is 2 bolts.) I complained alot but I had to pay just to get my mower back. I gave a credit card and he doesn't accept  cc I offered a check, but he insisted on cash. I had to leave and get cash. He said he had 35 years of experience. He should be able to give a quote before any works begins, and he should tell everyone that he takes only cash.I checked with other small engines repair shops and Dons price was 50-75% higher than thiers. I bet the IRS would like to know why he only takes cash.

Don Ownbey is also a handy man, lawn maintenance, tree work, small engine repair,concrete, grading and also auto repair. He may do great work, but you can find someone for 1/2 the price

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DRO-Services/Waxaw-North-Carolina-28173/DRO-Services-Don-R-Ownbey-I-would-not-do-business-with-this-company-Waxaw-North-Carol-1069666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D.R.O. Services

Ace is the best

AUTHOR: Will - ()

Barb, you must be a family member or you just like paying a higher price. The sad thing (for Don) is that I could have given him alot of business. You should take all your small engines repairs to ACE Hardware, they give you upfront pricing and they also take Credit Cards. $85.00 for a recoil spring, what a rip off.  You can buy a motor for that, well maybe not from Don.

Great Service

AUTHOR: Barbara - ()

I have used DRO Services- Lawnmower Service & Repair on two or three occasions. I have been very pleased with my mower. The service was quick and through. The prices are less than the leading lawnmower shops in the area and I have no complaints at all. I would recommend this company to anyone and I will use them again.