Complaint Review: DS Waters Of America

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
DS Waters Of America
5660 New Northside Drive, Suite 500 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

DS Waters - DS Waters Of America Sparklett's Water $100 termination fee, Collection Fee plus more Atlanta Georgia

I utilized DS Waters home delivery via Sparkletts water in SoCal (L.A. Metro) for 2.5 + years. Everything was fine, I was satisfied with the service/price etc., I had a balance get up to $100 dollars which ran for 2-3 months, which wasn't uncommon as I typically would run a balance of anywhere from $30-$75, but would always pay. The water delivery guy would typically leave at least 2 bottles which we would not go through within the two weeks, so I had a stockpile of water. Then all of a sudden when I go to pay my bill online, my account is "gone" and I was told by DS Waters because it's likely been referred to collections.

Apprx. 1.5 month later, I finally received a collection notice from Collection Bureau of America, billing address of PO BOX 5013 Hayward CA 94540 888-656-9285 with the following charges:

Principal: $294
Late Payment/Interest: $3.33
Misc. Charges: $52.92
For a total of $350

When I inquired as to the charges, I am being charged $100 for "early termination" for a supposed contract that I did not fulfill, along with a
"$52 collection referral fee". (+ $88 for 11 water bottles I supposedly have.)

Moreover, I was told that I cannot pay the orig. amount of $100 directly to DS waters and re-begin my service.

Why would I ever use DS Waters again after these shenanaigans. I sure hope a class action is filed soon on the apparent deceptive and potentially fraudulent termination charges.

d

Dave
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DS-Waters-Of-America/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/DS-Waters-DS-Waters-Of-America-Sparkletts-Water-100-termination-fee-Collection-Fee-pl-471572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DS Waters Of America