Complaint Review: DSL Extreme

• Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Chaz — San Francisco California United States of America
DSL Extreme
21540 Plummer Street - Suite A Chatsworth, California United States of America

DSL Extreme Ikano Bait and switch tactic--ordered upgrade to 10Mb ADSL2+, was set up with 6Mb despite canceling order Chatsworth, California

After being a loyal and fairly happy customer for over seven years, I noticed that there were upgrade options available to my existing, ~$55/mo, 6Mb DSL plan.  I was pre-qualified for an ADSL2+ 10Mb service, at a pricey ~$100/mo plus a non-refundable $200 installation fee.  I proceeded with the order.

After two tech visits, they were not able to set up the 10Mb line and I was downgraded all the way to 6.  I already had 6 with my much-cheaper legacy DSL so I called to cancel the order.  They are now holding me responsible for installation fees, a month of 8Mb service which was never installed, and EARLY TERMINATION fees (my legacy DSL line was month-to-month).

They want me to pay for their inability to deliver?  Really?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DSL-Extreme/Chatsworth-California-91311/DSL-Extreme-Ikano-Bait-and-switch-tactic-ordered-upgrade-to-10Mb-ADSL2-was-set-up-with-873645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DSL Extreme