Complaint Review: DSLEXTREME.COM

• Submitted: Tue, December 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 10, 2009

• Reported By: Livid — Van Nuys California U.S.A.
DSLEXTREME.COM
21540 Plummer Street-Suite A Chatsworth, California United States of America

DSLEXTREME.COM I ordered DSL and they tried to downgrade the speed. Then refused to give me a full refund Chatsworth, California

*Author of original report: The Dispute

I ordered DSL Oct. 9.  Website guaranteed a speed of 3.0 meg.  I paid $48.55.  The modem came later and never worked.  Tech support said they would send a tech out and it would cost over $60 to check my line.  Then said I live too far so my speed would not be over 1.5 meg.  Oct. 16th I cancelled.  They said they are charging me for days that the service was on because I didn't want to pay a tech to come out and check my lines in my residence.
I returned the modem at a cost of $8.20
I filed a dispute with Mastercard and was refunded $48.55 on Oct. 29.
That day DSLExtreme had refunded $27.84.  So they didn't pay me the $20.71 difference.
Dec. 1st-they again take $48.55 from my bank account.
They sent me a collection letter saying I owed $73.55.  I called them.  I was told I must pay a $25 Recovery Fee for the $48.55 that they took from me on Dec. 1st.
They won't clear my closed account or remove me from collection now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 03:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DSLEXTREMECOM/Chatsworth-California-91311/DSLEXTREMECOM-I-ordered-DSL-and-they-tried-to-downgrade-the-speed-Then-refused-to-give-535630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DSLEXTREME.COM

The Dispute

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

When you cancel they do not give a full refund if you haven't hired a phone company technician at your own expense to fully investigate all wiring from the Telephone central office to your inside wires to your telephone.  Even after I spent days talking to their tech support to learn the speed I could attain would be half of what I signed on for.  If I didn't sign up month to month-it would have been a one year contract with a large cancellation fee.  I got a letter stating to return the modem in 30 days of they would charge me $99.

I got them to give me a partial refund but it was more than $20 short.  And I had filed a dispute with Mastercard previously.  Mastercard refunded my $48.55 on the day of the partial refund from DSLEXTREME.

So about 3 or more weeks later-DSLEXTREME took $48.55 out of my Mastercard account and told me I now owe them a $25 RECOVERY FEE for them taking out the money from my account.

This is being reviewed by the FCC and the BBB.