Complaint Review: DSS, Inc

• Reported By: Shelly — Monett Missouri United States of America
DSS, Inc
1017 N. Highway 377 PILOT POINT, Texas United States of America

DSS, Inc con artists PILOT POINT, Texas

On September 30, 2010, a young man that I did not recognize walked through my back yard from the neighboring house.  I could see him because I was in my kitchen and saw him through my sliding glass door.  I am the mother of 3 year old twins and my husband was at work.  I immediately ran to lock all my doors because people you don't know don't usually walk through your back door.  I missed closing the garage door, which made me very uncomfortable after I realized I had missed that door.  This young man came and rang my doorbell.  He knew I was home because he mentioned that I should give him the keys to my car to get rid of him if I didn't want to buy any magazines to help him win his trip to Mexico. He said this jokingly, but I still felt very uncomfortable.  I looked at his list of magazines and saw that the prices of magazines were excessively high and told him I couldn't afford magazines, and really didn't have time to read them anyway.  Well, he obviously didn't believe me because he started asking me what my husband did for a living that we could afford the house we live in and the car I drive and for me not to have to work.  He saw the decor of our house and asked me if I was a Christian.  I immediately answered "Yes" and then a conversation ensued regarding Christianity that he initiated. At that point, he asked me if he could have a drink and show me his complete list, and I did let him in thehouse.  After he used that conversation to make me feel a little more comfortable, started in on wanting me to buy magazines again.  Well, I could tell he wasn't leaving without me purchasing a magazine, so I purchased Taste of Home for $52.00 to get him out of my home.  I quickly cancelled my subscription within the timeframe allowed by law.  The other part of this that really made me feel uncomfortable was the fact that the salesman dated my receipt for October 30.  My check was dated Sept. 30, which was the correct date.  He wanted me to make comments about his service, then he told me what to say on his review.  I did it just to get him out of my house.  I will NEVER let another salesperson in my house based on this experience.  On November 3, 2010, I tried to contact DSS Inc using the phone number listed on their website asking about my refund.  I received an e-mail promptly that day giving me another phone number to call, and the text of the e-mail stated that they had shredded my check immediately when they received my cancellation and that no refund is due.  I knew that the check had cleared my account because I balance my bank statement  every month.. So I went back and checked the date that the check I had written to DSS, Inc cleared my account and the date was Oct. 8, 2010.  I have responed via e-mail to the company telling them that they cashed my check on Oct. 8, and that I will be happy to provide them with a copy, front and back to prove that I am due a refund, and that a refund is past due.  I have not received a response since the first e-mail, and have tried e-mailing 2 or 3 more times.  No response.  I tried calling the number they gave me, and it just refers you to their website.. At least that call went through.  They also said on their recording that I can do a live chat through their website, but I have as of yet to find anyone available on the chat.  I really feel that I have been scammed and would love to have my money back.  This type of sales really should be illegal..  I really felt threatened, and I wish I would have called the police and placed a stop pay on my check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2010 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DSS-Inc/PILOT-POINT-Texas-76258/DSS-Inc-con-artists-PILOT-POINT-Texas-659490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DSS, Inc