Complaint Review: DSS Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 24, 2012

• Reported By:Sterling Virginia
DSS Inc.
dssinconline Pilot Point, Texas U.S.A.

DSSinconlineDSS Inc. Kid selling magazines door to door to win a trip- Dss Inc scam magazine provider Pilot Point Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: my time withh dss inc

A high school aged girl came by selling magazines for points in order to win a trip. She was incredibly persuasive for her age. After paying by check ( which she encouraged me not to do as she would get her points immediately if I paid by credit card) she gave me a receipt. The receipt said I could cancel within 3 days. There was no phone number for the company, Dss Inc., only a P.O. Box and a website. I immediately canceled via the Post office with delivery confirmation receipt. The name of the person who picked up and signed for the cancellation receipt is hard to read in cursive. The printed name does not match the cursive name. It's all very fishy. No refund has been given after a month and no one answers the phone on the website. No one has so far returned my emails. I feel this is definitely a scam.

Sharon
Sterling, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DSS-Inc/Pilot-Point-Texas-76258/DSSinconlineDSS-Inc-Kid-selling-magazines-door-to-door-to-win-a-trip-Dss-Inc-scam-magazi-440206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DSS Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

my time withh dss inc

AUTHOR: the void - (United States of America)

Im only 18 years old and i got sucked into working for the company. What happened was a kid came to my door and told me bout it thought it would be fun.Stay in a hotel thats paid for and have transportation paid for all we had to do was stay two weeks then we would get a free ride anywhere we wanted to.Every morning we would get up and get ready at 7 am then group at 830 we had to do round robin and say: hey just dropped by for a sec dont think you know me my name is...and you are?Well the reason why i dropped by is to gt you to back me in this years DSS race race. You haven't heard about it or backed anyone right? Great well let me be the first and the best to tell you twelve week contest 40 guys 40 girls collecting 30000 points to win a thousand dollars and you wanna know what the best part is im winning.

I regret doing it we had breakfeast usually at a gas station my diet for two weeks consisted of donuts and monster energy drinks and we of course had to meet our quota mine was seven we had five drops in the day. I of course had teh biggest smile on my face and i of course would cover entire neighborhoods and apartment trying to get sales or points it was awful. Then after two weeks i had had enough i went to my manager and i told him i wanted to leave i cant do it anymore and i told him where i wanted to go and he tells me no hes not going to do it. And of course i had to meet the most amazing man in my entire life there and they wouldnt even let me say goodbye and then with hair dye in my hair still they drop me off.then i came back to the hotel begging for my job back the next day i quit again more so leave with a simple kiss and a promise to be reunited on my 19th birthday with him.

All i have to say never let anybody join dss ever