Complaint Review: D.T. Powersports/polaris

• Updated: Sat, August 27, 2005

• Reported By:Bailieboro Ontario
D.T. Powersports/polaris
8160 Lakeridge Rd Uxbridge, Ontario Canada

D.T. Powersports/polaris unwilling to admit to fault and try to put their mistakes onto customers Uxbridge Ontario

I bought a 2004 sportsman 600 twin ATV from DT in Oct 2003 with a set of Itp 589 mud tires.The salesman told me the tires wouldn't put any strain on the drivetrain and they wouldn't affect my warranty.To reasure me he said that if I was buying the yamaha I should be leary but with the Polaris it wouldn't be a problem.

In january 04 I paid $1000 for an extended warranty to keep me trouble free for 5 years.I asked if the tires would be a problem and they took me no.

At the beginning of august I took my machine in for warranty work because the whole front end is falling apart.I was told that my warranty is null and void because the tires are too big.

DT wanted to charge me $3400 plus tax to repair everything that is gone.After a month of phone tag and going back and forth with different deals the best they seem to want to offer is I pay $1000 for parts(this is half the dealers cost on the parts)and fix the machine myself.I can't afford to put any more money into this machine and I think they should be responsible cosidering I wouldn't have opted for the tires had I know they would eat up my machine and void the warranty.

This was my second ATV that I bought here.After spending $11000 on the ATV and then sinking another $3000 in accessories you would think they would want to keep my business.

Steve
Bailieboro, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2005 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DT-Powersportspolaris/Uxbridge-Ontario-L9P-1R3/DT-Powersportspolaris-unwilling-to-admit-to-fault-and-try-to-put-their-mistakes-onto-cu-155222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on D.T. Powersports/polaris