Complaint Review: DTE, Detroit Edison, Dteenergy

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 01, 2009

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
DTE, Detroit Edison, Dteenergy
One Energy Plaza Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

DTE Detroit Edison DTE, Detroit Edison, Dte energy Charged for me gas and lights where I never lived Detroit Michigan

*General Comment: the feeling is mutual!

*Consumer Comment: Not that weird

*Author of original report: DTE, Detroit Edison, Dteenergy

I called to turn service on in my name and found that someone had used my my name and ran a bill up. I never did this! I am sure they could not have turned it on in person since they don't have my license. I told DTE it wasn't me and that just isn't enough. I can't believe someone was allowed to tuen servces on in my name, run the bill above $2,000 and I am responsible. I never even lived there. I went to the house and asked the owner to write me something saying I never lived there and he refused. That was weird.

Cheryl
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DTE-Detroit-Edison-Dteenergy/Detroit-Michigan-48226/DTE-Detroit-Edison-DTE-Detroit-Edison-Dte-energy-Charged-for-me-gas-and-lights-where-I-n-466646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DTE, Detroit Edison, Dteenergy

#1 General Comment

the feeling is mutual!

AUTHOR: Harley - ()

I myself feel that this has happen to me the last address on my bill was for an address i never lived at but my x and his girlfriend lived before i left michigan , how can someone get lights and gas in your name without your id? Heck i can't get a payment plan to clear this up so that i can have lights and gas in my namewhat can we do except file bankruptcy and i dont want to have to do that.if you find away to get this resolved please let me know.Good luck.

Not that weird

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

The reason those tenants will not write you that note, is probably due to the fact that they are the ones who used your name.

DTE, Detroit Edison, Dteenergy

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

This should have been the title.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC