Complaint Review: DTE Energy Applicance Services

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 04, 2007

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
DTE Energy Applicance Services
2000 2nd Avenue Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

DTE Energy Applicance Services Ripping customers off with lengthy contracts and no services Detroit Michigan

For several years, I have been paying into the Home Protection Plan with DTE. I have never had to use the service until now. The purpose of having a repair service is because buying new appliances is too expensive.

My washing machine would not spin anymore so I contacted DTE (on April 2, 2007) knowing that I have paid a lot of money into the Home Protection Plan over the years.

Today, April 4, 2007, a service representative from Appliance Doctors came to my home. After he took the front panel of the washing machine off and looked at the bottom of the appliance, he proceeded to tell me that the transmission and clutch are not included in the DTE agreement.

After contacting DTE three times this morning to no avail, I was ultimately told that I could not get out of my contract and that I would not be refunded my money I have paid to them over the years but never used the useless service until now.

A class action lawsuit needs to be brought against DTE energy. They are taking customer's money and providing no real services when appliances need to be repaired. With all of the money I have paid to them with the HPP, the service request should have been honored.

I am sick and tired of DTE ripping off customers. If you are smart, just save up $25.00 of your own money and prepare to replace any appliance rather than give DTE extra money to keep and capitalize on the interest of that money!

Emma
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2007 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DTE-Energy-Applicance-Services/Detroit-Michigan-48226/DTE-Energy-Applicance-Services-Ripping-customers-off-with-lengthy-contracts-and-no-service-242277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DTE Energy Applicance Services