Complaint Review: DTE Energy

• Submitted: Thu, April 19, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 19, 2007

• Reported By:Belleville Michigan
DTE Energy
3200 Hobson St Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

DTE Energy This Don't Make Any Sense Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: I have a related problem. . . .

DTE Engery should be ashame. On my credit report from Expenian I noticed DTE Engery is listed. I pay on my account every month at total of $40.00 and I don't use that much because I live in an apartment.

After talking to a few people I was surprise to hear that this is something DTE has started and many people like myself are complaining. My total past due is $20.00 so they say, but when I go and pay my bill it never mentioned any past due amount.

It just seems as if a company can do anything to damage your credit they will do it. It's hard enough keeping a good score with so many companies inquiring into your credit and mailing you all this "You have been approved" credit cards which goes right in the trash.

I just don't think it right to put this type of information on your account unless you are running from your responsibilities. I am sure many people are with me can this be stopped?

Patricia
Belleville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2007 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DTE-Energy/Detroit-Michigan-48201/DTE-Energy-This-Dont-Make-Any-Sense-Detroit-Michigan-244744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DTE Energy

I have a related problem. . . .

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

DTE shows up as a current account on my wife's credit report, even though she has never had an account with DTE. We tried to get it removed through 2 formal credit disputes, but twice DTE has affirmed the account. Pretty funny, seeing how my wife would have been around 15 years old when the account was opened, and hasn't lived in the DTE service area for over 15 years. Luckily the account is in good standing. We'll see if DTE will remove this when called directly. . . .

Oh, and those pre-approvals from credit card companies are not formal credit inquiries that can affect your credit score.

Good luck!