Complaint Review: DTG Operations

• Submitted: Tue, March 12, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Robert — Saint Augustine Beach California United States of America
DTG Operations
6175 West Minnesota Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

DTG Operations Dollar/Thrifty Car rentals Rented car with expired license plate, I got a ticket. They agreed to pay; they did not. Indianapolis, Indiana

On 11/12/2007 I rented a car from DTG Operations/Dollar Rent a Car. The contract # is CJ279334-6.

While driving to Evansville, IN. I was stopped by Capt. Jimmie Durnil of the Indiana State Police for driving a car with an expired license plate. I was ticketed as I was the driver.

I contacted DTG and talked with Aaron (918-669-8745). It took several calls to resolve the expired plate part of my complaint. At first he wanted me to spend a whole day to drive to Louisville, KY and exchange the car. Then he agreed to FAX me a replacement temporary plate so I could legally drive the car. That happened and the car was OK to drive.

Aaron asked I fax him a copy of the rental agreement and ticket and he said Dollar would pay the fine as they had rented me a car with expired plates. I FAXED to 918-669-2846. It took three attempts to get the FAX to go through; at first the line was busy, then the FAX memory was full. Finally it went through. Aaron called to acknowledge receipt of the FAX and he would take care of the ticket.

I was never contacted again by the Monroe County Clerk nor DTG aka Dollar/Thrifty Car rentals.

I moved from my home in Sacramento, CA this past spring (June, 2012) to Saint Augustine, FL.

By mail I got a collection demand from Eagle Accounts Group, PO Box 17400, Indianapolis, IN 46217 suggesting legal action if I did not pay the old fine within 10 days.

I called Dollar Rental 800-800-5252 and after a frustrating hour of "try this number" I reached Nick Mohr at DTH. He took the rental number and promised to call back in a few hours. Two days later I called again and he asked for me to scan and email the rental agreement and ticket info ton.mohr@dthrac.com. I did that. Two more days and nothing. I called again and he said the car was not rented by DTR and he would have the 'real' responsible company contact me. Nothing. Called again the next day and promised to call me back in an hour after he called them again. Nothing. I ran out of time and had to pay the fine.

So now I am trying to get reimbursed for the expense. If you know any other paths to help me, please advise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DTG-Operations/Indianapolis-Indiana-46241/DTG-Operations-DollarThrifty-Car-rentals-Rented-car-with-expired-license-plate-I-got-a-t-1027401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DTG Operations