Complaint Review: DUVERA FINANCIAL dba EASY PAY FINANCE

• Updated: Tue, February 11, 2014

• Reported By: Petronila — San Marcos California
DUVERA FINANCIAL dba EASY PAY FINANCE
1910 Palomar Point View, Carlsbad, CA 92008 carlsbad, California USA

DUVERA FINANCIAL dba EASY PAY FINANCE swindler's bussiness!!!!!!!!!! charging 189% interest carlsbad California

*Consumer Comment: Not every company has your standards

*Consumer Comment: Duvera company

I write to report DUVERA FINANCIAL doing business as EASY PAY FINANCE both with same mailing address P.O. Box 2549, Carlsbad, California 92018. I purchased a Chocolate Labrador puppy from Melissa Temple-Alpichi dba Top Quality Puppies whom I found on craiglist, on or about January 18, 2014. I could not afford the full amount of the puppy so she suggested I apply for financing. She asked me to give her my social security number, date of birth and bank information to run my credit. She entered my information on the computer and said I had been approved. I then went to her house to pick up the dog. She has other ‘top quality’ dog breeds in her home and they are all crammed up in crates. Her house stinks and is not sanitary. I was glad to take my puppy home and give him a better home. I paid $200.00 as initial payment with a personal check made out to her. Then she printed out the contract but she said it was too many pages so she did not have enough ink. She digitally signed the contract on my behalf and said the payments were going to be approximately $125.00 per month for a total of $870.00 with taxes. I agreed to that. Now that I carefully reviewed the contract on my email I see that DUVERA/EASY PAY FINANCE plans to charge me $1780.00 if I don’t pay the full $670.00 before April 18, 2014. This is outrageous!!!!! Duvera has 81 complaints with the BBB and is not BBB accredited. No wonder!!!!! People if something looks fishy it is!!!!!!!!!!! the only thing out of this transaction is that my puppy is in good hands and is loved and growing healthy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DUVERA-FINANCIAL-dba-EASY-PAY-FINANCE/carlsbad-California-92018/DUVERA-FINANCIAL-dba-EASY-PAY-FINANCE-swindlers-bussiness-charging-189-inter-1122783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DUVERA FINANCIAL dba EASY PAY FINANCE

Not every company has your standards

AUTHOR: S_Davis - (USA)

It is unfortunate that not every company reviews the loan details with the customer.  I was taken advantage of in this manner, as well.  The company I utilized appears to victimize people who do not have good credit.  They understand that we are relegated to high-interest loans with ridiculous terms, increase their own prices especially for us, do NOT divulge the aspects of the loan that are less than favorable, and rush you to sign.  I was one day late with a loan payment and was told at THAT point that my 90-days with no interest would no longer be honored and my interest rate would be close to 200 percent.  I had every single intention of having my loan paid in full within 90 days.  I tried several times, unsuccessfully, to speak with Duvera management to request reconsideration of this since the terms were never disclosed to me.  I was told by the representatives that it is CLEARLY in the contract.  My problem is this:  This is a HUGE issue that impacts someone significantly.  It should not only be stated up front at least once, it should be in big, bold letters in the contract so there is no mistake as to what the terms of the agreement are.  This is shady behavior by both the service provider and the finance company.  They know what they are doing...  it's dishonest, and anyone who would prey on people who are already having financial difficulties (sometimes by no fault of their own, like in my case... an abusive ex who ruined my credit).  These are simply disgusting business practices and I am certainly looking into legal recourse.

Duvera company

AUTHOR: Truthteller - (USA)

I use Duvera for financing at my company and I inform EVERY CUSTOMER about the interest rate and the repayment plan. It's great for those who have limited or bad credit if they can repay withing 90 days.  It seems like you should blame Melissa Temple who sold you the dog and not the finance company. The seller is the one who took advantage of you.