Complaint Review: DVD Donkey Aka DVD Avenue

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2008

• Reported By:Citrus Heights California
DVD Donkey Aka DVD Avenue
www.DVD Donkey.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-788-7469
  • Web:
  • Category: E-trade

DVD Donkey Aka DVD Avenue E Commerce Scam Internet Internet

Dvd Donkey aka Dvd Avenue sells dvd tv series among other dvd products. I ordered a hard to find TV series Beauty and the Beast from the late 80's.

I ordered in late Oct. the company said it would take 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. There was no email confirmation, the company charged my account the day after my order, The charge to my account was 13.00 more than I "accepted" at the check out.

The discs arrived 10 weeks after I ordered them, when I finally got the dics I checked them the entire collection has 19 discs. 7 of the 19 discs are totally blank they would not run in any DVD player I put them in including a game system, put them in my lap top's DVD player and the 7 blank ones came up as "blank CD" the other 12 came up as DVD movie. The 12 that have something on them are poor quality recorded from TV copies. I haven't had a chance to watch all the discs all the way through but I've found 3 commercials.

The Guarentee on the site states that product can be returned for "any reason" within 30 days. An instert that came with my order states:" If you have any problems with your package please do not hesitate to contact us orders@dvdavenue.tv or call us at 1-877-7-TV-SHOW.

I have gotten no responses to my emails and the phone number as far as I can tell just rings and rings and rings. Tried the "live chat" on the DVD donkey site they refer me to the phone number and email on my insert.

In my humble opinion this place is a total rip off ... from what I'm reading on the web now (hind site is 20/20 I guess) it seems this company has had many incarnations. Buyer beware if it sounds to good to be true it is.

Citrus Heights, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2008 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DVD-Donkey-Aka-DVD-Avenue/internet/DVD-Donkey-Aka-DVD-Avenue-E-Commerce-Scam-Internet-Internet-296753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DVD Donkey Aka DVD Avenue