Complaint Review: DVD Donkey

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2007

• Reported By:Truckee California
DVD Donkey
1671 Aventura Miami, Florida U.S.A.

DVD Donkey Nonexistant Customer Service, Paying for a product that DVD Donkey Doesn't Deliver! Miami, FL Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: DVDDonkey, TVAddicts, DVDAvenue, TheDVDPlanet

*Author of original report: update

I placed two orders with DVD Donkey on November 23 of '07 and patiently waited for a email of a tracking ID for my packages. Never received this! So about a week later I emailed them online. Never got a reply! I then proceeded to call and left a voicemessage after 3-4 days later of calling daily trying to speak person to person with a representative. No one ever picks up the phone! Each time I called, I never reached a phone rep, instead I would get a message that no phone representative was unavailable, after the 4th try I finally left a voice message. Three days later no reply! I called and left another voice message asking them to contact me directly via my cell number which i repeated twice along with both of my tracking numbers, twice! I called again on 12/17/07 and got the same recording again, and this time I couldn't even leave a voice message as their mail box was entirely full! This is ridiculous! It has been 6 days short of 30 days and no reply and NO DVD's. DVD Donkey promised to deliver in 12-14 days! I am contacting my credit company and filing charges and asking for these charges to be removed! If you are paying for something, the least the company can do is deliver the product and supply some kind of customer service.

Amanda
Truckee, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DVD-Donkey/Miami-Florida-33095/DVD-Donkey-Nonexistant-Customer-Service-Paying-for-a-product-that-DVD-Donkey-Doesnt-Deli-292263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DVD Donkey

DVDDonkey, TVAddicts, DVDAvenue, TheDVDPlanet

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

What you think you are getting cheap is exactly that.

These people are not selling you _pressed_ DVD's , they are selling _burned_ DVD's.

The ones you can do at home.

The web sites say they are "Format free DVD-R recordings". "Custom Artwork"

These people are in Canada, why order from there? 'Cause the price was so good?

Oh, Universal owns the copyright to both Seaquest and Quantum Leap. I'm sure they would like to speak to the owners of these sites.

PT Barnum was right, and there is a lot of ROR posters who prove that.

update

AUTHOR: Mandie_rosey - (U.S.A.)

Dear Amaanda,

We apologize for the delay. Your order has been successfully shipped out.
Here's the tracking codes:

CX211296341CA - seaquest
CE467424841CA - QUANTUMLEAP

Please visit www.canadapost.ca to locate your package.

Nanie
( i checked the tracking ID's and my packages are in canada, here is the reply i sent back...)

Hi Nanie,

I'm sorry, but due to the lack of communication on your company's part, I did some investigating of my own on your company. You might want to check ripoffreport.com and the better business bureau. With the information I obtained, I will not be opening or signing for my orders. Some of the reports said that the DVD's are bad quality and even have the TV commercials on them!

I have notified my bank of what is going on and they have closed out my credit cards used in the transactions and are doing their own investigation. I think it was dishonest of your company to charge me $95.32 not the $88.18 that my invoice stated for the SeaQuest DVD's and that I was charged $108.72 not the $101.58 that my online invoice again stated. When I asked my bank about this they said it was because I was charged and international rate for Cyprus!?! I see your company is in Florida and Canada and don't understand why I was charged an international rate and not forewarned of this.

I dropped a lot of money with your company and was very excited to get two of my favorite TV shows on DVD, I am now very disappointed that I won't be able to enjoy these DVD's due to the reputation you have online. I am afraid to open my parcels and be stuck with a bad product. Do you have any kind of guarantee or some positive commentaries compared to all the negative feedback I have found on your company? Please return my money when you receive the returned parcels!