Complaint Review: DVD Exploder

• Updated: Mon, March 17, 2014

• Reported By: Phil — Sarasota Florida
DVD Exploder
, Select State/Province USA

DVD Exploder Leverco Limited Advertised unlock code - only provided generic brand unlock code that didn't work Internet

I went online seeking an unlock code for my Samsung DVD Player. The Web site DVDExploder (leverco limited) promised that they had an unlock code for my exact model of DVD. I was able to select the manufacturer (Samsung) and then scroll down to my model BD-E8900

After paying the fee (via PayPal) and obtaining the login details, I was able to access only a generic set of Samsung instructions that is freely available anywhere on the Web.  These instructions correspondingly do NOT work with the Samsung BD-E8900 because the unit does not boot to a DVD player (it is also a PVR with hard drive). It suggested using buttons that don’t even exist on my remote control (something that could not be possible if they had an unlock code for my model of DVD Player as they had advertised)

I e-mailed back stating this, requesting a refund and got a scripted response saying to ‘follow the instructions as closely as possible’.

I responded saying that I didn’t require a scripted response – but that my unit boots to a PVR, not the DVD player and that I had tried every combination of buttons without success. I again asked for a refund.

I received no further correspondence from DVDExploder (leverco limited) except the offer of a 50% refund after the escalated dispute.

DVDExploder fraudulently advertised an unlock code for my DVD player and linked a generic unlock code to a drop box with every available model of Samsung DVD player. If I cannot get a refund through PayPal then I will apply to my bank for VISA card protection as I have been lied to and ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DVD-Exploder/Select-StateProvince/DVD-Exploder-Leverco-Limited-Advertised-unlock-code-only-provided-generic-brand-unlock-1131412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DVD Exploder