Complaint Review: DVD Planet Aka DVD Collections

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2007

• Reported By:Cynthiana Kentucky
DVD Planet Aka DVD Collections
250 The East Mall Suite #1242 Toronto, Ontario Canada

DVD Planet Aka DVD Collections Fraud - Copyright Law of Canada (?) Toronto Ontario

I ordered The High Chaparral DVD set for $89.99 on 11/15/07. Received e-mail confirmation same day confirming my order with details regarding shipping date, receipt date, etc. My credit card was charged immediately. I was told the order would be received in a week.

I then received an e-mal about 3 weeks after my order telling me the order had been posted to the wrong address and it was being reshipped. When I had not received my order by 12/15/07, I e-mailed support@dvdplanet.com. They replied and stated to give it a few extra days due to the high volume of mail during the holiday season.

I received the order on 12/18/07 and on the air mail small packet on the front of the package it showed the "Date 2007 12 02". On 12/19/07, I decided to watch the first disc. What do I see when the disc starts is the "Hallmark" channel logo on the 1st hour and then on the 2nd hour I saw the "Plus" logo which I found out was "Granada Plus" channel which is apparently a tv station in Canada. I've never heard of that channel in the USA. I got on the website and looked for refund information. It stated no refund if used and/or damaged.

I sent an e-mail to DVD Planet support and advised of what I had found when viewing the 1st disc relative to Hallmark logo and Plus logo and stated apparently the discs had been recorded from these 2 tv stations. I also inquired about a possible refund to my credit card if I returned the order. No reply has been received as of 12/22/07.

Beward of this company. I feel they are a fraudulent company and will never order from this company again.

Cynthiana, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2007 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DVD-Planet-Aka-DVD-Collections/Toronto-Ontario-M9B-6L3/DVD-Planet-Aka-DVD-Collections-Fraud-Copyright-Law-of-Canada-Toronto-Ontario-293774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DVD Planet Aka DVD Collections