Complaint Review: DWHS

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: RS Tables — Anthony New Mexico United States of America
DWHS
530 W. 6th St., Los Angeles, CA, 90014 Los Angeles, California United States of America

DWHS dwhs.net DWHS Website Hosting a rip-off, bait and switch, fraud Los Angeles, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I'm not sure if this was a real customer.

Ok so we were looking for a Website Hosting Company. We contacted a rep from DWHS by phone beforehand to see if their servers supported Zend Optimizer, which works with an older version of PHP script. The rep said yes. The rep was also asked if they were going to continue to support Zend optimizer in the future (for at least for about a year) and the rep said yes we will carry it permanently.

So then we went ahead and subscribed for a year. Right after we subscribed, there were problems because they issued us a server that did not support Zend Optimizer. So we had to contact support, and we were then moved to an older server. However, soon after that we receive an e-mail from support stating that also the server that we were on was going to be upgraded and would not support an older version of PHP.

So at that point we just contacted support by phone and spoke to Charles (who may possibly be the Company owner) It seems like Charles is running everything himself -  is support, sales, and everything else (not sure though). This company claims to have 24 hour support, which is a joke. I called several times at various times of the day and got no answer.

So my partner spoke to Charles on the phone. So initially Charles agreed to issue a credit to our credit card account. He said he tried to issue a credit but the card was expired. So I had e-mailed him back with the new card's expiration date. He then said that the credit would still not go through.

So I was getting suspicious at this point and contacted my Bank. The person I spoke to from the Bank stated that all he needed to do was to enter the new expiration date and the credit would go through. So at that point, it was clear to me that "Charles" was trying to run a scam, so I proceeded to initiate a Credit Card Dispute.

So then Charles e-mailed me back with threats saying he is going to sue because his charge got disputed and it cost him an extra $30. I simply responded by telling him if he would have issued the credit to my account to begin with, like he said he was going to do, there would be no issue on that.

His excuse of the card being expired is total non-sense, because I had e-mailed him the new expiration for it already, and that is all that he needed.

So I urge everyone to stay clear of the Company DWHS Inc. They are just rip-offs, cheats and frauds.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 12:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DWHS/Los-Angeles-California-90014/DWHS-dwhsnet-DWHS-Website-Hosting-a-rip-off-bait-and-switch-fraud-Los-Angeles-Californ-980857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DWHS

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I'm not sure if this was a real customer.

AUTHOR: Chaze - ()

I'm not sure if this was a real customer because every server we have runs Zend Optimizer. We have never had a server that doies not run Zend. It is possible they had a script that will not work with the current version of PHP. We have to keep up with the current version of PHP so the servers are safe from being hacked. In this case you can get the script updated, find a new script, or simply get a full refund.

We have a no questions asked 45 day money back gaurentee. If this is a real customer we are very sorry and if you have not got a refund please contact us! http://dwhs.net/hep/  We care most about our customers being happy over anything else! Most of our business comes from word to mouth. I can also say for sure we are not a "scam" in any way. We are an honest hard working company in Los Angeles that has been hosting websites for over 13 years.

Charles Yarbrough