Complaint Review: Dailysteals.com

• Updated: Thu, May 10, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Troy Michigan United States of America
Dailysteals.com
1529 Dean St #3, Brooklyn, NY 11213 Internet United States of America

Dailysteals.com Charged for a product that they never sent out then refused to issue a refund. Internet, Internet

On April 5th I ordered 2 pairs of polarized sunglasses from this site. Their order numbers were: order # 1297908 and order # 1297909.  I was instantly charged $35.96 [$12.99 per pair of sunglasses (x2) and $4.99  each for shipping (x2)] and the full payment came out of my checking account on April 6th. Their site says it normally take 6 business days for an item to be sent.

On April 17th, I sent Daily Steals a friendly email asking what the status of my order was since it had been 12 days since my order and nothing was sent out. A representative named "Oliver" responded politely and said Our suppliers estimate that they will ship your order sometime this week.

A few days later, I received a partial order. They only sent me order # 1297909, but failed to send me order # 1297908. I waited a few days in case they were mailed separately, but the second order never came. [continued below]....
.....

On April 24th, I emailed them again explaining I was still waiting for order # 1297908 & asked when I would be receiving it. On April 25th, a person by the name of Mitra responded and just said, "I am very sorry that you never got the rest of your order. There was an email sent out regarding this issue last night. Please check in your spam and junk folders to verify that you have received it." I instantaneously responded and said I never received it and asked her to please forward it's contents/message so I'd know what was going on. From that point on, they started ignoring my emails.

As of May 2nd, my order was still listed in OPEN status on their website. But I was still awaiting the product and they were refusing to respond to my emails. Consequently, I initiated a PayPal dispute due to their lack of communication and failure to send me the product I paid for.

On May 3, 20212, DailySteals.com finally responded and sent me the following email:

"Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.  You should have received an e-mail from us regarding this order today, 05/03.  Your order has been refunded, please allow 1-4 business days for the refund to reflect in your account. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Whitley
The DailySteals Team"

But here's the kicker, THEY NEVER GAVE ME THE REFUND! So, I contacted PayPal by phone and told them everything and PayPal contacted the seller. DailySteals then refused to issue me the refund they promised. They said, in order to issue a refund for the sunglasses they never sent (order #1297908), I have to first send them back the sunglasses I already received (order # 1297909).

Now, this wasn't a buy-one-get-one-free order. I placed 2 separate orders for 2 DIFFERENT pairs of sunglasses. One was a gift for my buddy and the other was going to be for me. I gave the one pair that was delivered to my buddy for his birthday a month ago. So I don't even have them anymore. But now, they're refusing to issue me the partial refund they promised IN WRITING unless I send back the sunglasses from an entirely different order number.

The bottom line is this: I ordered, and paid for, 2 different pairs of sunglasses (order # 1297908 and order # 1297909). I paid separate shipping for each order. Dailysteals.com only sent out one order (#1297909) but charged me for both orders. After stringing me along for over a month, they finally agreed to issue me a refund for the order they never sent out (# 1297908), but then refused to follow through on their written agreement to give me my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 10:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dailystealscom/internet/Dailystealscom-Charged-for-a-product-that-they-never-sent-out-then-refused-to-issue-a-re-881133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dailysteals.com