Complaint Review: Dalcor Properties, THE BERKSHIRE APARTMENTS HOUSTON TEXAS

• Submitted: Sat, January 28, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 28, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Dalcor Properties, THE BERKSHIRE APARTMENTS HOUSTON TEXAS
8600 Theta Houston, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 713-9412031
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

Dalcor Properties, THE BERKSHIRE APARTMENTS ripoff Houston Texas

I have not check back here in a while. WOW How much more worse can it get before someone ACTUALLY does something about it. I lived at the Berkshire, and no Randy those problems were never fixed.

I also had complaint after complaint about the water bill being so high. I lived in the smallest one bedroom they had and my water bill for the month of January was $79.56. I am rarely even there to use it. But I was promised a plumber would come out and check for leaks. Never happened.

The former manager, Jessica, was fired, for what I have no idea but the new person in there is just as bad. I work out of town and was 9 days late paying my rent and she came to me with an eviction notice. I was thinking to myself, well if they took off all the money I spent on hotels when I was without hot water for a month, I would be good on rent until me lease was up. Ethics do not seem to be a big concern for the people the hire either.

The new manager is dating the maintanance man, who is married, whose wife LIVES ON THE PROPERTY...How sleazy can you get??!! I moved out. Yes I did. I could not stand the smell of raw sewage that sat outside my bathroom window for almost 2 months. There was toilet paper coming from the ground and it was everywhere. The smell went throughout my apartment. The water that came out of my faucets was yellow. I mean bright yellow like pee.

I tried to contact the corporate office, the fax number and email address I was given by, Susan, I think her name was, was bogus. I tried to call them back to get the correct one so I could send them the health departments report but never could get anyone. My neighbor upstairs, her father got asbestos poisoning from the carpet.

I felt like I was living in the projects or some slum village. I was embarrased to have people to come over to my apartment because of the condition of the property and the awful smell that just hung around like fog.

Jennifer
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2006 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dalcor-Properties-THE-BERKSHIRE-APARTMENTS-HOUSTON-TEXAS/Houston-Texas-77034/Dalcor-Properties-THE-BERKSHIRE-APARTMENTS-ripoff-Houston-Texas-173678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dalcor Properties, THE BERKSHIRE APARTMENTS HOUSTON TEXAS