specimen

• Updated: Wed, August 28, 2013

• Reported By: DVSCWarning — Flower Mound Texas United States of America
Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center
2700 W. Highway 114 Grapevine, Texas United States of America

Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center DVSC Our puppy went in for routine surgery on REAR leg and ended up having her FRONT leg amputated. Grapevine, Texas

*Author of original report: Case closed

*Author of original report: DVSC UNDER INVESTIGATION BY TX VET BOARD

*Consumer Comment: EXCELLENT SURGEONS AT DVSC

*General Comment: Yorkie Surgery

Our 9 month old Yorkshire Terrier went in for routine surgery on her REAR leg and ended up having her FRONT leg amputated due to the negligent care of Dr. Wells and DVSC. Dr. Wells told us that an IV cord must have gotten wrapped around her left front paw but wasn't really sure. Regardless of what caused the constricted blood flow to our puppy's paw, its irrelevant because they had to amputate a leg that was perfectly healthy before we left our puppy in DVSC's care. They refuse to refund the $2000 we paid for the surgery. They believe they should still make a profit after maiming our puppy for life. They act like they're doing us a favor by not charging us for the amputation and aftercare related to this. This was the jist of their response to our BBB complaint which is still pending. Visit DVSCWarning.com for detailed information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dallas-Veterinary-Surgical-Center/Grapevine-Texas-75028/Dallas-Veterinary-Surgical-Center-DVSC-Our-puppy-went-in-for-routine-surgery-on-REAR-leg-a-956349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center

Case closed

AUTHOR: DVSCWarning - ()

We have come to a mutually acceptable agreement. We will no longer pursue any actions against DVSC.

Jay S

DVSC UNDER INVESTIGATION BY TX VET BOARD

AUTHOR: DVSCWarning - (United States of America)

WARNING! Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center (DVSC) is currently under investigation by the Texas Veterinary Board. DVSC Surgeon Katherine Wells is the specific surgeon being investigated for maiming a 9 month old puppy for life. Details can be found at DVSCWarning.com or you may call toll free (855)DVSC-411 for more information.

I'm glad that other DVSC patients have had successful surgeries to their pets but ours did not go well and our dog ended up having its FRONT leg amputated because of a botched surgical procedure to its REAR leg.

The details surrounding this incident are ASTOUNDING.  Please use caution before sending your beloved pet to Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center (DVSC). It may be returned to you with a missing leg just like our puppy was.

EXCELLENT SURGEONS AT DVSC

AUTHOR: DMM - (United States of America)

I'vw taken multiple pets to Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center and have nothing but positive reports.  My experience with them (from the office staff to the nurses) has been wonderful.  Recently my dog had knee surgery (TPLO) and both knees had to be operated.  Both Dr. Franks and Dr. Wells were great.  My dog has recovered and never looked back.  I would not even consider going anywhere else with my pets.  This facility has great staff and surgeons and are the BEST!!

#4 General Comment

AUTHOR: Henry - (United States of America)

I had my yorkie, then two years old at DVSC with Dr. Katherine Wells 4 years ago and couldnt be more pleased.  She was caring, knowledgeable and great to work with.  I have referred several friends to her.  She gave my guy new life and the results are that my guy doesnt even have a limp after having both rear knees repaired.  He is a happy fit guy.

#5 General Comment

#6 General Comment

AUTHOR: Henry - (United States of America)

Three years ago we took our one year old Yorkie to our vet because he was lifting his rear leg as he walked.  The vet sent us to DVSC in Grapevine and we were fortunate to have Dr. Wells assigned as our Surgeon.  Dr. Wells was very caring and knowledgeable and as it turned out my little guy needed surgery on both of his rear legs so several visits and rehab time was necessarry.  Dr. Wells was great to work with and even helped us a year after the surgery deal with extra weight that our guy had gained while he wasnt able to exercise.  We would not hesitate to return for any treatment to DVSC and Dr. Wells and our now four year old yorkie his healthy and happy.  Henry Roberts