Complaint Review: Damark---Explore USA

• Submitted: Wed, August 08, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, August 08, 2001

• Reported By:Roseburg OR
Damark---Explore USA
P O Box 1069 Junction City, Kansas U.S.A.

Damark / Explore USA telemarketer ripoff scam

This was an offer from a telemarketer that I responded to on June 22, 2001. I received the materials on July 24, 2001. The material states that "you will receive all regular benefits of Explore USA without charge for a period of 30 days from the anticipated date of receipt of your Explore USA membership materials."

On Aug. 7, 2001, I called the number that was given to cancel the membership. That number had been disconnected. I then called the credit card company that gave my name to Explore USA and found that my credit card had already been charged and part of the charge was non-refundable. I got the correct phone number from the credit card company and called Explore USA to cancel.

The representative told me that the charges were correct and had been charged on Aug. 2. I told her that I had only had my materials for two weeks and read her the trial membership terms in my material and her reply was "we can change the terms at any time." She said part of the charge that was refundable would take 60 to 90 days to show up on my card.

I said I would not pay any of the charge, called my credit card company and told them that if they gave out my name to companies like this, cancel my card and if they put a black mark on my credit, I would put their name on this site as well as on Planetfeedback.com. My credit card is cancelled as of today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Damark-Explore-USA/Junction-City-Kansas-66441-1069/Damark-Explore-USA-telemarketer-ripoff-scam-6086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Damark---Explore USA